Making a minimalist EEC-IV

Decipha's custom GUFX strategy covers all 89-93 foxbody ecu's including the 88 mass-air california ecus.
David Claflin
Vehicle Information: 90LX, A9l, 302, T5
86LX, Former FHP car

Making a minimalist EEC-IV

Unread post by David Claflin »

In an attempt to make his mustang as light as possible a buddy of mine is thinking of removing as much wiring as possible from his EEC-IV harness and still retain functionality of the EFI system. I've got a chip in it, so the TAB/TAD, and EGR are turned off, so those wires could be pulled. I was thinking the fuel pump relay and fuel pump cut off at the back of the car could be moved closer to the EEC processor to shorten the length of the wiring. What else do you think could be eliminated and not create driveability issues?
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Re: Making a minimalist EEC-IV

Unread post by decipha »

could remove anything hes not using, light bulbs, screws, lug nuts, tape, wiring loom covering, ground wire insulation, etc...

Your talking hundreds of hours or work to remove just a couple lbs.

To go to that extent its imperative hes on a strict diet to limit his own body weight.
Luis.5oh
Vehicle Information: *2004 Mustang Saleen S281
-----------------------------------------
-2004 cobra engine.
-Built 8.5:1
-MMR oil pump gears.
-kenne bell supercharger
-stock 2013 F150 6r80 transmission.
-COYOTE PCM
-COYOTE MAF SENSOR

*1995 Mustang GT
---------------------------------------
-95 Cobra manifold
-Explorer 4R70W (95 Mustang TCC Solenoid)
-Saleen racecraft lowering springs
-Moates quarterhorse

Re: Making a minimalist EEC-IV

Unread post by Luis.5oh »

With the goal of weight savings I'd say its not worth the time, but if you want the looks of a reworked harness, thats another history.
I do LS swaps standalone wiring harness all the time, I remove everything minus crank/cam sensor, injectors, coils, knock and throttle body, everything else can be removed, the thing is that EEC IV doesnt even have that much sensors and wiring.

You can ditch the CCRM, EGR, Oil press/gauge temp (most likely you wont) and ac compressor, and that about what I can think about right now... you can even remove the maf and hegos (not recommended), If I were you I would just rework the existing harness to make sure its in good shape and looks good with new tape and braided loom