SCT X2

Anything not covered in the other forums.
JoshT
Vehicle Information: 1999 Ford Ranger 4x4 engine swapped with 5.0L & 4R70W from 2000 Ford Explorer AWD.

Modifications: Headers, 1.7 roller rockers, and 4.11 gear ratio. Starting an engine rebuild and probably won't stay stock.

Don't have ECU codes, will update when available.

SCT X2

Unread post by JoshT »

Hello, hope I'm posting in the correct section. I see a thread about the X3 below so though this might be good spot.

Starting a rebuild on a 2000 Explorer 5.0L that has been swapped with it's EFI into my 1999 Ranger. No EFI related issues, but engine is worn out. Don't intend to rebuild it completely stock, so tuning will likely be needed. Not going wild, but can't go in there and leave it stock.

I have a SCT X2 device that was purchased from Bama Tunes for the 4.0L in the Ranger back in the early 2000s. I ensured that the device was unmarried from the truck prior to doing the engine swap. I should still have the software downloaded from the SCT website back then tucked away on a drive somewhere. I may have to set up an older computer to comunicate with it, but that is no problem.

Can you still support remote tuning with this old of a device?

While making inquiries, I was also wondering if you support tuning Holley EFI systems? I have a different vehicle with a Holley Sniper EFI that could probably stand some attention after I get this Ranger sorted.
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Re: SCT X2

Unread post by decipha »

as long as the x2 physically works it shouldn't be a problem

if you have a copy of the old sct updater to load the file please do post it, others were asking about it since sct no longer supports it or has it for download

I don't tune any aftermarket ecu's remotely, I do those in house as they usually always require some finesse and verification.
JoshT
Vehicle Information: 1999 Ford Ranger 4x4 engine swapped with 5.0L & 4R70W from 2000 Ford Explorer AWD.

Modifications: Headers, 1.7 roller rockers, and 4.11 gear ratio. Starting an engine rebuild and probably won't stay stock.

Unread post by JoshT »

I've located those files on my old drive and verified that they install on a Windows Vista VM. I'm not sure what other operating systems they work on, or even what OS I was running at the time that I purchased the X2 device.

I don't recall what's what, but I have the following downloaded from the SCT website:

LiveLink3131_Setup.exe
LiveLinkV417.exe
liveload131.exe
LiveLoadFord.exe
LiveUpdate2.exe
liveupdate220.exe
LoadingCustomTunes.pdf
XCal2_Drivers.exe
XCal2F-V1.14.lu2

I don't mind sharing these files, but I'm not sure of the best way to do so. Can I just add them to the "add files" button in attachments for the post? Do you want me to send them to you in some way so you can host and provide to people that need it?

I can start a new thread for this next question if that is preferred.

As said previously I installed 2000 Ford Explorer 5.0L and efi system into a 1999 Ford Ranger, in place of the original 4.0L V6. Is it possible to change the VIN in the Explorer ECU to match the VIN of the 1999 Ranger? If so, how would one approach doing that?
BOOSTEDEVERYTHING
Vehicle Information: 1999 Ford Ranger with 2000 Explorer v8 swap, FLN0
2003 Ford F150 Harley Davidson, Built 5.4L SOHC with 3.4L Whipple and Built 4R100

Unread post by BOOSTEDEVERYTHING »

Depending on model year there won’t be a vin in the PCM. And to share the files just compress them into a zip file and add the zip file to the add files section.
JoshT

Unread post by JoshT »

No offense, but I wouldn't have asked if I didn't think there was a VIN stored in the PCM. I'm not at the vehicle to check right now to verify, but I'm pretty certain that when I connected ForScan after the swap that it recognized the original vehicle AND original VIN that the PCM came out of.

The files are attached below if it uploads