MAF curve/transfer function

Used only on the 03/04 Marauder but can be used on any 03/04 ecu with code changes. Uses newer style SCP array so will not control cluster correctly on 2004 and older fords that use the older style SCP array such as mustangs.
m-barans
Vehicle Information: 2003 Mercury Marauder 300A with new stock bore IRON 4.6 block, Manley crank, Manley H-tuff h-beam rods, CP pistons with stainless rings, ARP head studs, GT500 lash adjusters and rollers, D series cylinder heads, VMP GEN3R 2.65 L TVS blower, 80 lb/hr FRPP Siemens Deka injectors, HPX slot 100mm MAF, coyote mustang fuel pump with Holley 60 psi filter/regulator return at pump, Stainless works long tube headers and complete exhaust, Moates quarter horse and TunerPro RT with support from Decipha, RZASA strategy.

2001 Ford Lightning SVT F-150 stock engine w/ inlet ported M112, GT500 rollers, ARP head studs, metco quick change upper pulley with stock sized upper, K&N intake system, bassani SS exhaust system from the stock manifold flanges back. 4x4 trans oil pan. SSBC big brakes 14” up front. Work/Street truck. My “next to build” with trick flow heads (before extinction) with h-beams & cobra jet crank (sitting in tool box) and proper pistons. Next up after the marauder is dialed in.

MAF curve/transfer function

Post by m-barans »

I wanted to make a post on this topic because:

1: Using my wide band Lambda sensor helped my get 98% of the MAF curve dialed. My fueling is literally within under 2% error anywhere commanded (Lambse) in the base fuel table! (Obviously these results are only as good as my sensors accuracy)

2. More importantly, I had to use the factory narrowband O2 sensors to dial in the bottom 2% of the curve and that improved drivability down low considerably.

3. I hope this post helps someone else out who lacks experience and I am not sure if this is totally correct but has worked well.

I removed the wide band with confidence just to see how she ran and it is even smoother at idle. There is a variance of +4 between the two engine banks under closed loop conditions with the other bank reading 0 on the LTFT.