Pcmflash mcmflash recommendations

For all other non specifically listed ECU tuning. This would include can-bus ecu's such as powerpc copperhead tricore and siemens ecus. As well as GM, Dodge or any aftermarket controller tuning etc...
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Re: Pcmflash mcmflash recommendations

Unread post by decipha »

all you need is those in the getting started write up

back in the day mmcflasher supported the 15+ while pcmflash didn't. That changes years back but at the time of that writing it was correct. I will have to update the write up when time permits.

I use pcmflash for all 98-20 vehicles.

pcmflash doesnt have a 96-97 option for 2 bank eec-v. Oleg added an option for me to read it once but couldnt get it to write so took it out the production release. if someone has an obd2 log read of a 2 bank eec-v shoot it to me or oleg and it'll get added in.

but yeah pcmflash is all you need. I no longer have my mmcflasher dongle, hadn't for a while now.
BOOSTEDEVERYTHING
Vehicle Information: 1999 Ford Ranger with 2000 Explorer v8 swap, FLN0
2003 Ford F150 Harley Davidson, Built 5.4L SOHC with 3.4L Whipple and Built 4R100

Unread post by BOOSTEDEVERYTHING »

Ok thanks. Just wanted to try and get what I needed on one order. Have you done any of the new GT500 PCMs or tcm?
034v
Vehicle Information: 1996 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC - Custom Turbocharged
1989 Lincoln Mark VII LSC - Custom Turbocharged --- SOLD
2013 Ford F150 FX2 - 3.5L Ecoboost
2019 Explorer Sport - 3.5L Ecoboost

Unread post by 034v »

BOOSTEDEVERYTHING wrote: 2024 Jan 25, 14:03
034v wrote: 2023 Oct 06, 06:12 To shine some light here..

I ordered all 4 PCM Flash modules myself. Basing my ordering process off the Getting Started writeup and ECUtools information.

I searched the ECUtools site for updates and news, cross-referenced info from here and other US sites to make my decision.

The rally of information based on ECU PN/Strategies/Makes swayed my decision to just spend the $493.50 USD vs trying to fart around with Derive/SCT PRP or other Boxed Unit types and spending $2500+.

Granted: I've been told in the past by several people that things I come up with "won't work" but prove them wrong every time.

My $.02 is just order the modules be ahead. They do work and will get you that much further ahead of the curve. Might need extra, might not.

Now, once I receive them, if you haven't found a solution it's quite possible I will.

I have 96, 2013 and 2019 Ford vehicles in my garage. 4v to 3.5L EB that they are getting used on first. Also a 10 3v 5.4L my dad wants tuned without dealing with the x4 again.

Hope this helps. I should receive these in 2 weeks as they've left Russian Federation as of 10-5.
Did you happen to receive your PCMFlash stuff yet? If so, have you used it successfully? Did you find that you needed any more modules than those in the getting started writeup? Thanks
yup, and... yup. TCM module.

identifies 2 banks, wont read. 4 banks, hit or miss. probably xtal speed thing. later 4 banks it reads...

no issues on black oak, spanish oak and 11-up stuff at all. just get the TCM module.
BOOSTEDEVERYTHING
Vehicle Information: 1999 Ford Ranger with 2000 Explorer v8 swap, FLN0
2003 Ford F150 Harley Davidson, Built 5.4L SOHC with 3.4L Whipple and Built 4R100

Unread post by BOOSTEDEVERYTHING »

Awesome, Thanks!!! What software are you using for tuning the newer pcms and tcms?

Also...my wife has a 2018 Edge sport with a 2.7l ecoboost that I would like to tune, any idea if the PCMFlash software would work on that?