EEC Analyzer (EA) Logs & Tuner Pro RT Decipha Log Defs

Decipha's custom GUFX strategy covers all 89-93 foxbody ecu's including the 88 mass-air california ecus.
entity-unknown
Vehicle Information: 87 Bronco FSB Eddie Bauer w/ 89 Mustang MAF Swap / C3W PCM w/ A9L2 BIN from Decipha / 347 FRPP BOSS Block (Part# M-6009-347) / AFR 165cc heads / 42Lbs Green(Active) & 30Lbs Red(Shelf) Bosch Injectors / CompCams 35-510-8/FW XE258HR-12 / AOD fully beefed up / King 2.5" Suspension w/ Bump Stops / 5.13 Gears Front/Rear on Auburn Pro LSD / 35"(Active)/33"/37" Tires / Very Custom Built Bronco aka Bonnie

Re: EEC Analyzer (EA) Logs & Tuner Pro RT Decipha Log Defs

Unread post by entity-unknown »

Wonderful and Thank You Decipha!

So far I'd say you're spot on Bloc ;) Had I started back over, had the data converting properly automatically, I think it would have saved me several days initial tuning and gotten me closer. But I also had the experience of reading the logs/histograms and making the adjustments myself then seeing the results.
Now I've got things pretty well dialed in, it's been either saying my table is as good as it gets when I see there's clearly some minor tuning to still do, or it's made suggestions that put too much fuel in when it should be taken out. Confirming my tables are pretty good has been helpful and it did save me some time half way thru tuning the new exhaust setup so it's been 50/50.

I was hoping it would help me with the Spark, Injectors, and Load once I get there which it still might but converting the data there is harder than the MAF it seems. Probably just cuz I don't understand how tuning those works yet. I DID try the Injector suggestion it made but I think I gave it bad data and instantly flooded my cylinders on startup so I had to pull the spark plugs to let it dry out and roll back ;) I'll still give it another shot tho.

At least w/ what I know about the MAF data and tuning it now, I know when EA was right/wrong vs. had I just started with EA (assuming the data converted already) then I wouldn't really understand what/why/how it was doing things as is. Even the automation & "AI" (i.e. heavily written scripts;) ) we have in my IT Security industry is only "so good" and as you said, it's only as good as you feed it. More so, it's fairly useless if you don't understand the what/why/how ;)

I've been using my own tables with Tuner Pro too and slowly building more as I understand the data more too. I'm also now reading into the raw CSV logs so I can do my own raw analytics. Def easier and more consistent than the hope/pray of converting the data ;) If I moved to Binary Editor w/ EA instead of Tuner Pro, I'm sure it'd work out a lot better since the data would be more 1:1 but then I'd gather the Bin & definitions would be an issue since I believe they're all developed under the Tuner Pro hood. Regardless, Tuner Pro clearly has everything I need already ;)

Summary for the random passer by curious about using EEC Analyzer for tuning with Decipha's A9L2 code; stick with Tuner Pro RT, you already have a large learning curve ahead as is ;)