36lb Injector and MAF question

Decipha's custom GUFX strategy covers all 89-93 foxbody ecu's including the 88 mass-air california ecus.
Jstauffe
Vehicle Information: 1966 Mustang Coupe
289 A9L, ported heads, gt 40 intake, mild cam, long tubes

36lb Injector and MAF question

Unread post by Jstauffe »

I'm running 36lb injectors, had them flow tested at 39 psi so I'm fairly confident in that. Also purchased a 36lb calibrated 105mm Mass Air meter from Pro M, with calibration file. I am using a WB, QH, Tunerpro, A9L2 start tune. I have gotten the tune decent enough to run and drive around, but am running into a couple things with the final dial in....

1. Injectors. Once I get the high slope much more than 38-39, it doesn't seem to do much. I see in the writeup that the 18Mhz EEC V's max out at 40, don't see anything for the EEC IV. Am I hitting a limit here? Is this 'scaling' territory?

2. MAF - if I try to piecemeal edit, as in modify certain sub-sets of cells, I get a weird part throttle hiccup. I don't remember having this problem the last time I did this (2021) with a 24 lb setup. The last time I used an evenly spaced curve from this site, this time it's factory Pro M(not evenly spaced). When I put the original MAF curve back its fine. I assume there is some type of smoothing issue going on. Is there any way in TunerPro to 'smooth' data. I'm pretty sure I've seen this on HPTuner software. I tried doing it by eyeball, but my eyeball ain't all that great. So my question, is this a glitch in the matrix with newer versions of the software, or is it a smoothing issue? How do others do this?

3. Tunerpro graphs and histograms....are there directions anywhere for this? I'm using an excel spreadsheet that I created to dial in my fuel, but have this vague feeling that something much easier already exists. For example iMAF vs WB Error. Is it in TunerPro somewhere?

4. My 75mm throttle body whistles a tune at part throttle barely above idle. Anybody experience this? Is it just the price of going fast?

5. is there a list type explanation for all of the logged parameters?

Motor details(prob doesn't help but fun to talk about)
1966 Mustang coupe, (new!) 347, AFR 185, Systemax, 75mm T-Body, 105mm Mass Air, Bullet Roller Cam, 1 5/8 long tubes, 3" X-pipe into 2.5" Dynomax Ultraflows and 2.5" tailpipes, T5(borrowed time), 3.50 9".

I have a dyno session on Friday, and am leaving for Hot Rod PT 2023 this weekend. Got to get this done, and I appreciate your help!

Thanks,
Jonathan
bad86capri
Vehicle Information: 1986 Capri 306, Twisted Wedge heads, RPM II Intake, Anderson B3 cam, 80Lbs Siemens Injectors, MAC Longtube Headers, G-Force T5, Spec 6 Puck Clutch, Ford Racing Aluminum Driveshaft.

Re: 36lb Injector and MAF question

Unread post by bad86capri »

I would insert the manufacturers injector data and leave it at that for now.

If youre handy with excel then i would use it to get your maf transfer data interpolated to get enough cells to work with and then dial it in from there.

Histograms in the dashboard will help you dial in your fuel.

throttle body whistling is caused from sharp edges in cheaper cast throttle bodies. you can take a dremel with a sanding drum, sandpaper or a file to smooth out the edges. It should help with the whistling.

BTW im not a pro tuner, just diy guy like yourself. Somebody may come along and debunk my analysts of your situation.
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Re: 36lb Injector and MAF question

Unread post by decipha »

eec-iv doesn't have injector limits but k-constant should be 30 and high slope shouldn't change anything other than the scaling

this is one of the major advantages of tunerpro is that the injectors can be dialed in much easier when you eliminate the most critical aspect which is the high slope

I have the injector data for the trickflow bosch accel and ford 36s on the homepage. Load that info in and dial in the maf.

http://www.efidynotuning.com/injdata.htm

logged values are on the homepage http://www.efidynotuning.com/payloads.htm

since you have a maf calibrated for your injectors all you do is take the a9l2 file and plug in your injector data. The maf will be correct for it and you can just simply dial it in from there. No need in loading the same maf curve back in it.