03 cobra - SCT Tuning questions

European strategy specific for 2004 ford mustang euro spec but also modified by SVT and used on the 03/04 cobra. Can be used on all 2002-2004 mustang v8 and v6 manual and automatics. Supports automatic 4r70w control. Can be used on 2001-2004 ford F-150 4.6 / 5.4 ecu's if configured correctly as well.
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Re: 03 cobra - SCT Tuning questions

Unread post by decipha »

this is copy and pasted from the link, the very first thing that pops up on the screen.

EEC-V - 1996 - 2004 Vehicles; includes up to 2006 Ranger and 94+ V6 Tbird/Mustang

select F2E ford eec-v reader

start address 000000
end address 03ffff

buffer address start 000000
end address buffer 03ffff >> 256k multi-bank file (All 1996 - 2004 vehicles)

turn ignition key on

click on "read chip"
after its done reading and the progress bar completes, turn the ignition off
now click on save buffer to file
it will show bytes written 262,144 k at the bottom

you need to change the buffer end address

its a 256k file not a 32k file

you have to read the tune off the ecu to get the pats code
Brewster
Vehicle Information: 1992 Mustang LX
347 Cui
AFR 185

Unread post by Brewster »

My bad buds, didn't see the two 00's at the front. I do believe its yanked the file correctly now as the Borderline Spark table and Maf seem to correlate with what I had done with SCT. LMK your thoughts and the next step to helping me get this thing tuned up, I do have it sitting on a Eddy Load Chassis Dyno.
EEC-Read-SCT-4.bin
(256 KiB) Downloaded 135 times
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

the maf is all jacked up and corrupted up top

post a log of the her running and driving around with wot i'll take a look
Brewster
347 Cui
AFR 185

Yea I never massaged it up top as this stupid Ba5000 doesn't get over 600 ad counts so just kept globally adding to the WOT range and up. I'll get a few logs.

Can you confirm with me that basically with these fords whatever I want the fueling to be I basically plug into the base fuel table and then adjust the maf to what the STFT (lambse) is commanding. So if I want PE to kick in at whatever TP relative vs ect base fuel lets say 300 and up make sure to plug it in and then make my wideband match my lambse.

With GM's I'm so used to PE multipliers and it seems to transition into open loop fueling fairly easy, What I'm really struggling with is transitioning this thing into PE correctly as its a big positive displacement blower and makes boost so easy that I can go to tp relative 250-300 at part throttle and it is sitting at like 5-10psi depending on how I pedal it and its not transitioning rich enough imo. To get it to fuel and transition correctly to PE is it all done through the maf and Lambse ?

I'll get a few warm logs, warm stabilized idle, Part throttle trims hitting maf points for a few seconds up to approx 300 imaf and a WOT log so you can really get a good picture of how she is reacting.
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

no thats the ol threshold
Brewster
347 Cui
AFR 185

OL-Table.png
Ah yea, I just found it it and double checked I had it set pretty low around 250 TPREL trying to get it to richen up.

But that's what I've never understood is basically with narrow bands these ecms don't really know what is going on and just to kick into OL at a certain TPREL and follow base fuel table for commanded lambda so then Lambse (stft) would then command lets say .780 lambda and then do you basically just tune the maf to follow the commanded lambse. After reading the parameter comments it says this table is treated as a multiplier, so basing that on 14.10 stoich value x .780 = 10.99 AFR or am I mathing wrong.

With that being said I noticed there was no OL flag in the SCT live link to check out but I can watch the trims switch to the commanded .780 I was commanding at WOT so I thought maybe the EEC just says hey were in OL lets command .780 and then said tuner would make it all happen with MAF and or Failed maf and use the tables as a reference to where its all set and suppose to be. LMK if I'm off kilter here lol
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

correct the table is in lambda no need to convert to AFR that can only give you errors. Use Lambda learn lambda and you can never be wrong. If you use AFR you will almost always be wrong and can almost never be right.

Read the fuel write up.
Brewster
347 Cui
AFR 185

Read the fuel write up 1000 times and you tought me lambda many years ago, I prefer it actually and is way easier to tune in lambda as it becomes percentage based adjustments.

I just use AFR as a reference from a stoich value so I somewhat know what the end result is in AFR.
Brewster
347 Cui
AFR 185

weird I got it logging but for some reason IMAf gauge is stuck at 161 and I don't see any other gauges for maf, o2 voltage etc. A few other gauges are funky and the wideband signal seems to be super slow to react and follow the actual wideband. I may have to install my AEM x series or I even just purchased a Zeitronix ZT-2 to try out and see what it can do. LMK your thoughts

Idle log attached
V1-Idle.zip
(18.27 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

It sounds like you didnt enable the datalog patch in the tune before you wrote thr QH.