Timing modifiers

European strategy specific for 2004 ford mustang euro spec but also modified by SVT and used on the 03/04 cobra. Can be used on all 2002-2004 mustang v8 and v6 manual and automatics. Supports automatic 4r70w control. Can be used on 2001-2004 ford F-150 4.6 / 5.4 ecu's if configured correctly as well.
SOAB_465
Vehicle Information: 1998 Ford Mustang GT 5 speed box code BAI1, CRAI8
stock return fuel system with Walbro 255 in-tank pump and aeromotive adjustable regulator.

2008 4.6
PI Heads and Cams
9:1 forged pistons
Forged H-Beam Rods
60lb Deka injectors
BA2800 MAF
2.3L whipple supercharger intercooled approx 13 PSI

- tuning with TunerProRT

PLX Wideband
GM 3bar MAP

Timing modifiers

Unread post by SOAB_465 »

Please forgive my ignorance. I'm trying to understand the difference between the FBGIO timing tables and the CRAI8 timing tables.

Some background: I have a centri supercharged 1998 non-PI mustang, that I'm dropping a newer 4.6 into with a Whipple. Old motor is bone stock NPI. new motor is Stock PI heads and cams, with 23cc dish for ~9:1 compression. It will be dyno tuned after I break in the new clutch, but I don't want to wash the cylinders or detonate it while I'm breaking it in, so I'm trying to build a base tune for the first start up and few hundred miles.

I have a rough understanding of my BAI1 strategy, at least I've dialed fuel in for my 90mm maf and 42lb injectors, and it hasn't blown up yet with my old centrifugal blower. I thought a PI strategy might be a better starting place for the new motor, and the FBGIO looks like the cats pajamas so I thought I'd try using as much as I could for a starting point.

I'm looking at the MGZT tables, and they're quite different from my old BAI1. MBT is up to 13* less advanced, Borderline Knock is 6-12* more advanced over much of the 1.0 load range... I like the look of the MGZT table, and it is scaled up to 1.6 load right off the bat which is a bonus. I'm just trying to understand if the timing table differences are on account of the PI heads and cams versus the NPI stuff, or if the strategies use different modifiers to arrive at final spark based on these tables. Or is there some much deeper gap in my understanding of spark advance that I'm not even aware of.

Thanks in advance for your help.

BAI1
BAI1 Timing.jpg
MGZT
MGZT Timing.jpg
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Re: Timing modifiers

Unread post by decipha »

mgzt is an n/a euro spec cal.

Your much better off making your own spark table using the spark write up as a guide.