95 Cobra - Procharger FIC775 90mm Cobra MAF

Covers all sn94/95 mustang v8 ecu's.
JandJSpeedShop
Vehicle Information: Performance Shop Owner

95 Cobra - Procharger FIC775 90mm Cobra MAF

Unread post by JandJSpeedShop »

Trying to setup T4M2 to use TunerPro & the Moates Quarterhorse but not very familiar with using TunerPro. Does it look like I am on the right track?
PaulC-turbo5.0
Vehicle Information: 1989 fox GT convertible
5.0 stock block, E7 heads, stock cam
Explorer GT40 intake flipped to driver side inlet
Single 67mm On3 BB turbo
Flipped JBA headers, custom SS 2.5" hotside built by me
custom 3" coldside thru On3 intercooler
tuning with Moates QH + TPRT
Dechipa's GUFX and supporting files, couldnt have tuned it myself without him!

Re: 95 Cobra - Procharger FIC775 90mm Cobra MAF

Unread post by PaulC-turbo5.0 »

Welcome nice to see someone local to me on here!

I am far from an experience tuner but got my fox turbo dialed in nicely using all of Decipha's files and help along the way. From what you have posted it looks like you are on the right track. If the car has 80 lb siemens deka injectors Decipha has a patch that you can enable to auto fill all of the published parameters, if the injectors are different disregard.

The ad counts for the MAF transfer dont match Deciphas histogram perfectly but may be close enough not to matter. You could edit the histogram to match but it would probably be easier to change the ad counts to 25 increments to match the histo.

Good luck and hopefully others will chime in if needed. Also nice to see a shop willing to tune "old school" if you will. I called another local shop just about getting on his dyno to get some numbers and maybe make some tweaks to see if I could find any gains. He may have misunderstood and thought I wanted his tuning help but when I told him I had a power adder with the stock computer the noises he made over the phone showed his disapproval lol.
dleach1407
Vehicle Information: 95 Mustang GT, CBAZA Quarterhorse
331, 190 11R heads, Edelbrock Victor 50 manifold, F303, T5, 76mm Turbo, 91 octane, Returnless dual pump 03 cobra tank, Behind bars rails, 80# siemens injectors
wbo2_030MtxL

57 F100, RZASA, 04 Crown Vic ecu and harness, 302, GT40 heads, 4r70w, 80# deka5 shorties, Holley carb style throttle body, Speedmaster high rise intake manifold

Unread post by dleach1407 »

You dont have TPRT configured correctly. On the home page there is a getting started section. Go the the TunerPro section and follow steps to configure it correctly. Your data is upside down from what we normally like to see here. You can set the minimum PW to 0.
JandJSpeedShop

PaulC-turbo5.0 wrote: 2022 Aug 23, 11:20 Welcome nice to see someone local to me on here!

I am far from an experience tuner but got my fox turbo dialed in nicely using all of Decipha's files and help along the way. From what you have posted it looks like you are on the right track. If the car has 80 lb siemens deka injectors Decipha has a patch that you can enable to auto fill all of the published parameters, if the injectors are different disregard.

The ad counts for the MAF transfer dont match Deciphas histogram perfectly but may be close enough not to matter. You could edit the histogram to match but it would probably be easier to change the ad counts to 25 increments to match the histo.

Good luck and hopefully others will chime in if needed. Also nice to see a shop willing to tune "old school" if you will. I called another local shop just about getting on his dyno to get some numbers and maybe make some tweaks to see if I could find any gains. He may have misunderstood and thought I wanted his tuning help but when I told him I had a power adder with the stock computer the noises he made over the phone showed his disapproval lol.
Very small world I guess. I live in W.Seneca & my shop is on Seneca St. in Elma. Car has Fuel Injector Clinic 650cc injectors that I plan on running at 40lb pressure delta. Decades ago I had a nice 89 LX 5.0L and would like to find a clean one again but the market is kind of insane for what I want. My car was a hatch but I would love a 92 LX notch

The AD counts for the MAF I just took from Deciphas data for the 90mm Ford MAF transfer he has posted from PMAS. I am sure changing it and just dialing in the curve on the dyno would be no big deal.

Going to be honest this is probably easy however it isn't in my comfort zone because I am usually doing newer boosted Coyotes, Hemis & LS/LT combos. Will be nice to take a mini vacation from drive by wire & torque based controllers. Pretty sure I am the only local shop that has a load bearing (eddy current) chassis dyno which is what you ideally want to tune fuel & spark. Curious where you called locally? Once the weather cools a bit and my work load drops to a more manageable amount I would be willing to rent you some dyno time & lend a hand if needed. I have about every sensor you can imagine on my dyno along with very accurate widebands from ECM.
PaulC-turbo5.0
Vehicle Information: 1989 fox GT convertible
5.0 stock block, E7 heads, stock cam
Explorer GT40 intake flipped to driver side inlet
Single 67mm On3 BB turbo
Flipped JBA headers, custom SS 2.5" hotside built by me
custom 3" coldside thru On3 intercooler
tuning with Moates QH + TPRT
Dechipa's GUFX and supporting files, couldnt have tuned it myself without him!

Unread post by PaulC-turbo5.0 »

For sure! I live just on the other side of the 90 from Lancaster speedway. The market for them has changed so I feel lucky I bought mine when I did, you dont see many clean ones around here anymore.

Im sure with your experience you will have little to no troubles and if you do Decipha's write-ups are great, its really cool all the time hes put into offering up that knowledge to the masses right along with the base tunes.

Place I called is in Batavia. A buddy of mine has gotten into the local drag racing scene pretty heavily and uses him and had great things to say. He wasnt a jerk by any means and I was still considering going there just never got around to it. I sold parts to an older guy(named victor I believe) with an early to mid 2000's red mustang that he brought to you. I remember him saying how happy he was with your tune compared to what he got from the guys in Tonawanda.

I would for sure be interested in coming in if we could figure out a time that works. I mainly just want to get the dyno shop experience and see what an experienced guy like yourself would think of my ride since I built and put it all together myself. The power numbers would be nice too, just to know and also be able to answer everyone's first question when they check out the car lol. You can send me a PM on here whenever you slow down if you want I check in here frequently.
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

your voltage offset is corrupted

the x axis of all functions need to be at minimum and maximum values uou cant change the top or bottom of any x axis in a function
JandJSpeedShop

decipha wrote: 2022 Aug 25, 13:06 your voltage offset is corrupted

the x axis of all functions need to be at minimum and maximum values uou cant change the top or bottom of any x axis in a function
Okay will take care of that and just make the FIC data comply to the OE min & max. Is it a NO NO changing the voltage (AD counts) on the MAF transfer function also?
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

its not a no no but it would it would make dialing it in harder and you'd loose optimal resolution
JandJSpeedShop

decipha wrote: 2022 Aug 25, 15:43 its not a no no but it would it would make dialing it in harder and you'd loose optimal resolution
Okay I was just using your data from here http://www.efidynotuning.com/maf.htm
For the PMAS 90mm Ford - PMAS. Do I just use the flow data and leave the voltage scaler the same?

Do I even need a larger MAF on a combo like this? The car is already put together but I do have a 90mm MAF in stock if I need it
BobbyGibson
Vehicle Information: 2021 / Mercedes-Benz / A-Class / LX

Unread post by BobbyGibson »

JandJSpeedShops wrote: 2496 Jun 28, 13:28
deciphas wrote: 2496 Jun 29, 00:16 its not a no no but it would it would make dialing it in harder and you'd loose optimal resolution
Okay I was just using legal steroids from here and running a bulking cycle your data from here http://www.efidynotuning.com/maf.htm
For the PMAS 90mm Ford - PMAS. Do I just use the flow data and leave the voltage scaler the same?

Do I even need a larger MAF on a combo like this? The car is already put together but I do have a 90mm MAF in stock if I need it
I will be upgrading to 42lb injectors soon & I want to hear from those S/C Cobra owners that are running with the 90mm Lighting MAF. Our you really happy with