BAI1 = FHA3

Covers most all 98 fords including mustang v6, v8, cobra, lincoln town car, grand marquis and crown vic.
BBR
Vehicle Information: 1998 Mustang GT
BAI1
460 w/ E4OD trans (Baumann Optishift)

BAI1 = FHA3

Unread post by BBR »

1998 Mustang GT (Manual trans)

Current ECU is BAI1 catch code. Will the FHA3 bin file work with this ecu?

Trying to set up a tune to run a 460 in place of the 4.6L.

I have Megasquirt experience (3 cars) and a little 2007 F-150 5.4L (Spanish Oak?) experience but setting up a factory ecu for a different engine is new territory for me.
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Re: BAI1 = FHA3

Unread post by decipha »

correct

fha3 is the no emissions leaned out version of the bai1 cal.

you'll need to become a premium member to get a file setup for the 460. Too much missing in the xdf to swap engines fully. You can do it but it will be tedious.

It simple to setup but you have to simplify fuel air and spark and dial in transients. The rest is just trivial nothing difficult.
BBR
BAI1

Unread post by BBR »

The 460 is using most all of the 4.6 hardware. Wiring harness, crank sensor, coil packs, throttle body, iac, maf, 02's, etc.

I basically just stripped everything off the 4.6 and put it on the 460.

decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

thats cool

but why not go to an 03/04 ecu with coil on plug ?
BBR
BAI1

Unread post by BBR »

Honestly just trying to use what is already in place and keep the harness stock.

I have an Jaybird and F3 chip. The chip is from a Mass-Flow EEC-IV (A9L based) 460 kit that I got in a killer deal (intake, rails, tb, hat, 80mm maf, injectors, tfi distributor, complete stand-alone harness and optishift). All I wanted was the 4bbl tb, hat, intake, rails and injectors and optishift. Everything was brand new.

I considered using that entire setup but the cons just seemed to outweigh the pros. Packaging played a big part of that. I needed the serpentine setup (to keep the cooling stack stock) and the only place the alternator would fit was up top right where the distributor lives. It just seemed like there was going to be a lot of hoops to jump through to convert to EEC-IV.

I saved the tune off the F3 so I have that to look at as a reference for certain aspects of this project.