Cooke, Brian (68 Bronco)

Place for your vehicle notes and blow-by-blow build threads.
nvrstuk
Vehicle Information: '68 Ford Bronco
A9l, Moates Qtrhorse
460sbf, 92 octane 6r80 trans, ProCase 3:1 transfer case, 40" tires, 5.13:1 frt/rear gear ratios, Air lockers, 5350#'s.
WOT only - 92uego

Re: Cooke, Brian (68 Bronco)

Unread post by nvrstuk »

Datalog BC00.220203d.bin is attached. I opened the throttle screw another 1/4 turn.

HUGE difference in AFR readings from yesterday.

I didn't back out and I should have. Never got below 14.4 . (thought I couldn't see it clearly till about 5,000rpm. Had 14.6 when WOT at takeoff. 15.4 at 5500 just before I let off the throttle with a LOUD pop and 17 afr pegged on the gauge when I let off. Lean pop.

Idle at 950 or so is waaaaaay too fast and I'm sure we can slow it down later. I need slow idle so I can crawl super slow.

I hope I did not delete the WOT log... but included another file but I think it's your tune file since it's 56k.

I might have deleted the "drive home" log as I got interrupted when labelling.

I have a clear video of the AFR but I'm sure you see it clearer and more accurately than I do on my wide band on TunerPro RT
Attachments
BC00_220203d.bin tune 2-17-22.xdl
(1.15 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
BCOO_220203d.bin
(56 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

it wasn't supposed to go in to power enrich as I had her in closed loop to verify the bank to bank fueling.

Very odd that it would lean pop on decel though.

Yeah we can kick down the idle no prob. I set it to 650. LMK how she likes it.

yeah the .bin file is the tune file. .xdl files are log files.

Log looks great exactly what we needed. This should make her significantly happier and have the fuel dialed in.
Attachments
BCOO_220203e.bin
(56 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
nvrstuk
A9l, Moates Qtrhorse
460sbf, 92 octane 6r80 trans, ProCase 3:1 transfer case, 40" tires, 5.13:1 frt/rear gear ratios, Air lockers, 5350#'s.
WOT only - 92uego

Unread post by nvrstuk »

Putting these notes in this post so I don't forget them later.

- Just a Thursday evening heads up- - Before loading the BCOO_220203e file (which I will do in the daylight tomorrow- Friday) I had my Bronco parked outside since the Thurs morning tune. Started it up to move it inside for the night and it wouldn't fire off. Floored the throttle and she fired up. Within 8 seconds or so I put it into gear and it died instantly. Hit the key, fired right off.

- In the future after dialing in the tune, is there any way to slow the idle down when it fires up cold in open loop and goes to 1300 or so for 25-30 seconds?

- I know we can't have misfire with a rpm limiter for tuning but afterward can it be dialed in for 5800?

- I have no idea but on my BE/Qtr horse tune I had before I had a switch set up for a fast idle. IF it's at all possible to do that it would be great. I have a belt driven OBA (on board air) compressor for running my frt/rear lockers and for filling tires and my air horn. lol Anyway, for filling 40" tires it's nice to be able to run the idle higher so the compressor output is increased substantially for filling those big balloons. Back in my carb days I modified a small bike shifter and used it to mechanically increase the rpm for my OBA.

Thanks again.
nvrstuk
A9l, Moates Qtrhorse
WOT only - 92uego

Unread post by nvrstuk »

Friday mornings tune- Initial startup- had to WOT pedal to start.

If I coast at appr 1mph my OSS doesn't interpret me being at a stop so I can take off in 2nd for the WOT tune

Not ONCE did the AFR get below 14.4 the entire WOT test. Bit spooky. Saw 15.4 at high rpm again.

NO ear splitting lean pop. I wouldn't bet that I had the throttle mashed to the floor... I was a bit nervous seeing the AFR #'s.

I will include both tunes
Attachments
BCoo_220203e after WOT back home cruise.xdl
(280.51 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
BCoo_220203.e 2-18-22.xdl
(1.06 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

The logs are no good. Looks like you forgot to write the tune file so still had the old one in there for the test.

Attached another update with cranking pw reduced as well for the cold starts.

yeah we can set the idle anywhere no problem.
The limiter is already set to 5800.

Yeah, we should be able to use the switch if you still have it. Otherwise you can wire up an unused input to let the ecu know when you want a higher idle. The brake input switch and the ac clutch input are two input off the top of my head your not using. Either one would work.
Attachments
BCOO_220203e2.bin
(56 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
nvrstuk
A9l, Moates Qtrhorse
WOT only - 92uego

Unread post by nvrstuk »

Shouldn't I be able to see the new tune file name at the top when i download it into tunerpro?

It shows the old tune with BCOO "d" at the end or the datalog I made this am
nvrstuk
A9l, Moates Qtrhorse
WOT only - 92uego

Unread post by nvrstuk »

2 passes.

I also had the no start on the side of the road and you had me increase the multiplier for the tables from 1.0 to 2.0.

Of the two runs this afternoon the AFR numbers were better down below 3K. In the high 12-13. BOTH the runs I had this afternoon, one before no start and one after, I had such a definitive "pause" at or around 3,000 rpm that I looked down to my shifter/trans controller each time to see if my trans had shifted somehow into a higher gear. VERY definite pause, then accelerate again. When the RPM's got up around 5K I had 16 or 17 AFR. No lean pop.
Attachments
BCOO_220203e WOT after no start.xdl
(121.93 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
pass.xdl
(561.98 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

Yes the tune file needs to be loaded at the top of tunepro. When you download the updated file if you open it then it should automatically load up top in tunerpro. Then you just have to remember to write the tune when you get to the truck is all.

I revamped the cranking pw. LMK if it starts better or worse when cold and if it starts better or worse when hot. And anything in between if you get to it. The cranking pw is only the amount of time you have to hold the key in the crank position before it lights off.

The pass log you started recording before you tried to crank it warm and it wouldn't fire off. We were on the phone in the middle of that log and then you got it fire up and stopped it and saved it. No wot pass was in that log just idle.

Without a neutral/drive switch input to the ecu this is as good as we are going to be able to get the neutral/drive transition.

I reduced dashpot down low to make her easier to crawl. It will increase the tendency for rpms to drop down low when coming off the throttle but if it gives you any trouble just LMK and I can kick it back up a touch no problem.

imaf err
750 0.93
700 1.04
650 1.07
600 0
550 0.89
500 1.06

I'm not sure what you were seeing but she never went lean up top. She was actually a touch rich and the wideband was reporting .76 (11.1 afr) at 5400 rpm when you got out of it. When you got out of it you never went closed throttle. You were hanging the pedal open about 2%. It looks like the pedal may not be returning to the fully closed position.

I see she stalls around 2400 rpm right after you got on it and yet again at 4500 where it looked to have misfired.
The 2400 area looks to be the converter and the 4500 area may have been from her not wanting that much fuel.

LMK if it happens again and if you can determine which of the 2 areas its in.

Load this in and shoot me back another log. Try to start recording the log after you write the file and before you crank her.
(56 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
nvrstuk
A9l, Moates Qtrhorse
WOT only - 92uego

Unread post by nvrstuk »

Morning-

Due to me writing down the steps incorrectly for using TunerRt when you were helping me use Team Viewer the other day I have lost 3 days of tuning/data logging-obviously my fault as I got 1 or two tunes &/or datalog to work but I was clicking random buttons because the red "record" light wouldn't come on.

Could I bother you again sometime early enough today to allow me to write down the proper sequence so I can have them written down and get a datalog to you WITH the latest tune file?

This will also be helpful for my other 2 buddies that are going with you also since Tim already didn't follow the proper procedure (couldn't save the tune) when he was helping me the other night.

Thanks. I'm running out of days due to me not having steps 1-8 written down in order, my fault but feeling the pressure.

Thanks.
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

Yeah no problem. I have also updated the getting started write up as well. I have a single pic that has all of it outlined.

http://www.efidynotuning.com/pics/tprt/tprt_log.png

http://www.efidynotuning.com/started.htm#record

Just don't forget to download the latest tune revision and open it so it loads in to the top of tunerpro.