Driver Demand TQ --- DBW

For all other non specifically listed ECU tuning. This would include can-bus ecu's such as powerpc copperhead tricore and siemens ecus. As well as GM, Dodge or any aftermarket controller tuning etc...
034v
Vehicle Information: 1996 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC - Custom Turbocharged
1989 Lincoln Mark VII LSC - Custom Turbocharged --- SOLD
2013 Ford F150 FX2 - 3.5L Ecoboost
2019 Explorer Sport - 3.5L Ecoboost

Driver Demand TQ --- DBW

Unread post by 034v »

Specifically the DCD0 3.5 EB F150 ECU.

So as I understand, this table is the DBW manipulation for the delivery of pedal position to the Tbody. But what else?

Scenario:

83% pitch on the plate would be about the max I could get on a 3v before the throttle control code would fly off and dead pedal it. Same on a Procharged coyote. I'm trying to avoid it on the Ecoboost as the whole instant close of the throttle plate can really surge a couple turbos with a shaft smaller than an average pinkie finger. And if the overlimit code sets, is the eBOV going to not function? See my thoughts here?

Should I concentrate on the driver demand table for manipulated reference, or jab away at the VE, fueling, spark sides; in turn leaving the normal 82/83% max angle on the DBW stuff?

Let me know if I'm off my rocker or not.

Thanks
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Re: Driver Demand TQ --- DBW

Unread post by decipha »

82% is the physical maximum actuator angle on most ford throttle bodies which is 100% throttle angle. Attempting to command more than that should set a fault as the actuator motor should not be strong enough to physically twist the shaft backwards.

What are you trying to do?
034v

Unread post by 034v »

That's pretty much what I was thinking.

What I'm trying to accomplish is, 93 octane good cruising long trips without it running too lean. In the past, I've dialed in the driver demand and noticed a good throttle response when cruising. Also verified mpg increase. O2's were right at 1.00 point 95% of the time.

Seems it was a load vs fuel trick as it really couldn't be that simple I thought.

So currently I'm commanding .80 WOT fuel and the fuel tables are pretty much set at 1.00 cruising. I've manipulated the tip-in areas of the driver demand by adding 5 at about .20 load on up, but left the first 2 rows stock.

Fuel in on point at WOT and I'm seeing exactly what's commanded. I tried to zero out the Static TCC slip, but the weak 3.5L doesn't like it until you mash it. Almost wants to burn out on a roll in WOT, so I added the slip back until at WOT. Seems better that way.

However I was wondering if I scaled the Y Axis on the driver demand, and threw some additional "demand" to the table, if it would simulate a better tip-in in 5th or 6th without having to touch the static slip, or anything related to the turbocharger.

Maybe I'm over thinking it..
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

Driver demand is just feed forward torque request it has absolutely no affect on fuel economy it only adjusts throttle feel.

Load is airmass, fuel is completely independent.

Your always going to get whats commanded since the o2s bring the fuel in. Not wise to 0 out the tcc slip as thats just consuming more power. Light slip of 20 or so will give you slight torque multiplication.

You should never rescale the y or x axis on any automatic controlled can-bus ecu's as there is several transmission related functions that use them too that you will not have access to and can extremely quick shifts like 6th gear at 5mph in the best case and in the worse case cause transmission damage like 6th to 1st downshifts at wot.

If you want more pedal response only at speed you can use the driver demand oss modifier table which is sometimes labelled pedal map ratio in sct, I have no idea what hptuners would call it if they even had it at all. Or if you dont have access to it use the net torque loss table.
034v

Unread post by 034v »

Perfect that's what I was looking for. Thanks..

Running SCT, and I've seen these.