New Tune and recommendations on supporting mods

Anything not covered in the other forums.
m-barans
Vehicle Information: 2003 Mercury Marauder 300A with new stock bore IRON 4.6 block, Manley crank, Manley H-tuff h-beam rods, CP pistons with stainless rings, ARP head studs, GT500 lash adjusters and rollers, D series cylinder heads, VMP GEN3R 2.65 L TVS blower, 80 lb/hr FRPP Siemens Deka injectors, HPX slot 100mm MAF, coyote mustang fuel pump with Holley 60 psi filter/regulator return at pump, Stainless works long tube headers and complete exhaust, Moates quarter horse and TunerPro RT with support from Decipha, RZASA strategy.

2001 Ford Lightning SVT F-150 stock engine w/ inlet ported M112, GT500 rollers, ARP head studs, metco quick change upper pulley with stock sized upper, K&N intake system, bassani SS exhaust system from the stock manifold flanges back. 4x4 trans oil pan. SSBC big brakes 14” up front. Work/Street truck. My “next to build” with trick flow heads (before extinction) with h-beams & cobra jet crank (sitting in tool box) and proper pistons. Next up after the marauder is dialed in.

New Tune and recommendations on supporting mods

Unread post by m-barans »

Ok, so I made the mistake of going the used Eaton supercharger route and now the mistake of using what I thought was still a competent rebuilder.

My 32 valve 4.6 iron block has a forged bottom end. Valve train is stock. I’ve decided to run a VMP 2.6 L TVS blower. I need a bigger MAF so I plan on running one of their 2 slot MAF options. I figure I will need 60 lb injectors for the extra air as well. 80s have been recommended but I will be running 92 pump gas. Probably going to start around 14 lbs boost level.

Are 80s better?

I’ve got a coyote stang pump in the tank.
Do I need a BAP?
If so should it be on all the time?
and just tune it as such via the pump voltage table?

Do I keep the PPRV in the tank or is it counter productive?

Running RZASA
Can I run out of room with too big a MAF and too big an injector or does the scaling in TunerPro keep things square?

Thanks
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Re: New Tune and recommendations on supporting mods

Unread post by decipha »

why wouod you mention pump gas as having anything to do with injector size?

yep 80s are better

bap is needed over 600rwhp

bap should never be on all the time only when the demand is there

yep bap is just pump voltage

a fuel pressure regulator / PPRV is required on all vehicles. I always prefer to mount the regulator in the tank whenever possible so yes keep the stock regulator in the tank

No such thing as running out of roon with too big a maf or injector. Scaling is irrelevant.
m-barans
Vehicle Information: 2003 Mercury Marauder 300A with new stock bore IRON 4.6 block, Manley crank, Manley H-tuff h-beam rods, CP pistons with stainless rings, ARP head studs, GT500 lash adjusters and rollers, D series cylinder heads, VMP GEN3R 2.65 L TVS blower, 80 lb/hr FRPP Siemens Deka injectors, HPX slot 100mm MAF, coyote mustang fuel pump with Holley 60 psi filter/regulator return at pump, Stainless works long tube headers and complete exhaust, Moates quarter horse and TunerPro RT with support from Decipha, RZASA strategy.

2001 Ford Lightning SVT F-150 stock engine w/ inlet ported M112, GT500 rollers, ARP head studs, metco quick change upper pulley with stock sized upper, K&N intake system, bassani SS exhaust system from the stock manifold flanges back. 4x4 trans oil pan. SSBC big brakes 14” up front. Work/Street truck. My “next to build” with trick flow heads (before extinction) with h-beams & cobra jet crank (sitting in tool box) and proper pistons. Next up after the marauder is dialed in.

Any recommendations for sourcing the deka 80s? I was looking at summit and LMR for the FRPP units. Can I use the frpp calibration summary for these? Also, when going to find the vmp 3500 maf transfer, do I use un-scaled values for their MAF when using tunerpro or un-scaled? Can someone please remind me of the order of operations with tunerpro RT w/ decipha’s support please? I know I need to update the cal for the injectors and then dial in the maf. Just asking for some guidance on setting up the new cal for the 80s and slot MAF
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

Yeah its in the pre tune info. Only source I know of is chris at poweraddersolutions. Everyone else sells fakes. Summit may sell reals ones.

Yes the frpp data is already in tunerpro. Just click the button.
Its also on the homepage.

Yep, everything is unscaled values in tunerpro.

The injectors form the foundation of all tunes. So first thing is setting the k-constant to 30 then second is plug in the injector high slope. Then everything else. Be sure to search SP** to update everything that changes when you change the k constant or high slope.

Read over the fuel write up as its all explained.
m-barans

Ok thanks. You have got tunerpro set up to work out beautifully! I’m running the HPX slot in a 4 inch housing now and the Siemens Deka 80s and after updating the injector characterization data and the MAF transfer the tune was way closer off the bat compared to my last setup. I think I may be experiencing some spark blow out as I’m pullied too hard at 18 lbs. I’m wondering what plugs and gap you recommend for this street machine… Currently has the factory cobra/ Lightning motor craft plugs. I want to get the proper plugs/proper gap in it, pulley it w/belt for 14 lbs and correct my PPRV delete so I can finally dial it in without any mechanical issues to “tune around”.
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

ngk-6 at 028 gap is fine. 18lbs is fine.
m-barans

Ok, I got my PPRV reinstalled along with the NGKs gapped appropriately. I can’t go WOT without the car “falling on its face” under heavy boost. It feels a lot like a car that is running out of fuel under heavy load/power request and I think that’s exactly what’s happening. I’m noticing FIP delta pressure falling into the 20(s) PSI range when this is happening. I haven’t seen a lean condition on my WB lambda gauge but something is wrong. Is this an issue to be solved with tuning the Fuel Pump voltage table or I’m I up against an anemic fuel delivery system with the stock rails and supply line from tank? I want to get back to dialing in my MAF curve and this is concerning.
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

stock rails and lines are done they should have been changed when the eaton was tossed
m-barans

Can I maintain the returnless fuel delivery configuration if I use for example: a set of FORE fuel rails with a -8 AN supply line from the fuel pump/ sending unit or is a return configuration in order already?
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

Why would you go return?

Im not understanding the question, what does rails and lines have anything to do with swappping to return?