Beware eBay Loosing Purchases

Good experience? Bad? Or just want to compliment or complain about an experience you've had with a company or individual? This is the place for all reviews good or bad.

Beware eBay Loosing Purchases

Unread postby decipha » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:54 pm

just wanted to bring this to everyones attention

I hadnt really used ebay much in recent years but just gave it a go as some misc items were cheaper on ebay than amazon which is my usual go to. In any case, I recently purchased 15 items and purhased all at once. All from different vendors. I sent the payment and all went well or so I assumed. 2 weeks later I still hadnt received 4 items. So I login to ebay to check the status and they are not in my purchase history??? I check my credit card and sure enough there was 18 transactions for ebay. 3 of which I was double charged for. So I spent the better part of half an hour to eventually get a call number and reference code to give them a shout. I get a nice lady on the phone and she says theres nothing they can do I have to dispute it with my credit card company. So I login to my cc account and cancel the transactions for the 3 double charged which the credit card company had already flagged for double charges that i just had to approve. The other 4 items I submitted for refund since the charges were already though.

Just thought Id share as this is extremely troubling to me. Its very common for me to purchase things when im on the road and away from home. Had I not came home for thanksgiving it most likely wouldnt have been until march or so of next year before I found out items were missing. At that point theres prob very little I could do.

I will not be using ebay ever again.
decipha
Tooner

Name: Michael Ponthieux
Vehicle Information: Supercoupin' x10
90 (4x 5spds) - Dante, Ruby, Daja, Ava
91 4r70w - Skarlett
92 (2x) 5spd & auto - Bianqa, Andrea
93 auto - Danika
94 5spd Rionda
95 auto Aisha
Vehicle 2 Information: Others:
00 Lincoln LS - Luanda
98 Camaro SS - Bounquisha
02 Harley F-150 - Sasasha
03 Marauder - DyShyKy
00 Explorer 5L - Bernyce
07 GMC 2500HD 6L - Veranafer

Re: Beware eBay Loosing Purchases

Unread postby ironmanisanemic » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:14 pm

ive had similar experiences with ebay in the past. What has happened to me is when checking out with paypal, each vendor gets paid separately so my Credit card company flags the transactions and blocks them until i approve them since so many came in so quickly. well i have to repurchase the items that didnt go through the first time, and well my CC blocks some more again. Rinse and repeat, and i hit the banks HARD limit of daily transactions and cannot use my card anymore that day. It would be nice if paypal would charge you once if you have multiple items in your cart, so things like what happened to you and happened to me dont happen. I do still use ebay, but i am much more conservative in how many things i try to get at once.
ironmanisanemic
A+ Contributor

Name: Miles
Vehicle Information: 89 Ford Bronco - 393W, Professional Products 190cc heads, Custom Comp Cams hyd roller cam, Edelbrock EFI Mustang intake, 10:1 compression, FRPP LU34 34LB injectors, ProM 80mm Mass Air Meter, 2-1/2" into 3" y pipe, no cat, and hooker aerochamber muffler. U4P0 computer with Quarterhorse and BE, EA. 4R70W

Return to Reviews, Compliments & Complaints