Any one in Australia using Quaterhorse and Tuner Pro RT

non vehicle specific forum for tuning all other EEC-IV

Any one in Australia using Quaterhorse and Tuner Pro RT

Unread postby 289Hilux » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:49 pm

If you reside in Aus or know some one who does I like to get in contact
I need help sorting out my tune.
Having issues when changing from 19Lb the 44Lb injectors.

Cheers. PM me if you want.
Cheers 289Hilux! from down under
289Hilux
General Poster

Name: Richard
Vehicle Information: RN85 Hilux
370 Dart SHP Windsor
C4 3spd
EEC IV 2DCA now GUFB-A9L
Quaterhorse

Re: Any one in Australia using Quaterhorse and Tuner Pro RT

Unread postby gamh44 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:36 am

Richard

Yes, but...

I am using a Foxbody Mustang engine and EEC and am only scratching the surface, pretending to understand what I am doing!
gamh44
General Poster

Name: Geof
Vehicle Information: Cobra replica. 302 HO from Mustang. 8LD ECU with chip. Massflo (Pro-M) EFI. Trickflow heads and cam. QH Jaybird and F3v2 chip. TunerPro RT.

Unread postby 289Hilux » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:41 pm

Hi
I am also using A9L2.
What size engine and injectors are you using?
I have a 370 Dart, having trouble getting 44Lb injectors to work.
Runs on the stock 19Lb just.

Cheers Richard
Cheers 289Hilux! from down under
289Hilux
General Poster

Name: Richard
Vehicle Information: RN85 Hilux
370 Dart SHP Windsor
C4 3spd
EEC IV 2DCA now GUFB-A9L
Quaterhorse

Unread postby gamh44 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:56 pm

Richard

Mine is a stock 302 bottom end with Trickflow heads and a mild cam. I also have a MassFlo (Pro-M) EFI unit. I am running 24lb Ford Racing injectors.

I just changed the parameters according to the A9L2 write up (see details below) and she fired right up. I have spent a fair bit of time dialling in the MAF curve, using injector data from the reference pages here. But it has run quite well straight off the bat.

Since I still have a 302, I haven't changed SARCHG (CID) or FN035 (Load Scaling), but everything else on the list was adjusted from the base A9L2 tune.

Cheers

Geof

A9L2 write up wrote:
The following are the absolute MINIMUM changes REQUIRED before starting your vehicle utilizing the A9L2 calibration.
PID Variable Comment
SARCHG Cubic Inch Displacement Input your actual engine size or scaled percentage if applicable (CLICK HERE FOR SCALING)
FN 036 MAF Transfer Input your actual MAF flow data from your flow sheet or your scaled percentage if applicable, be sure the top value is 16 volts
ALOSL, AHISL Injector Slopes Input your injector's manufacturer's recommended values if available or scaled percentage, see Note** below for no data
FN 389 Injector Breakpoint Input the injector manufacturer's recommended fuel breakpoint
FN 367 Injector Offset Input the manufacturer's recommended voltage offset values
FN 2200 (FN904A) Sealevel Spark Table See note below. Populate this table with adequate values for your specific engine combination.
FN 035 Load Scaling Populate the Y-axis with your engines expected peak N/A load values (when not in boost), DO NOT PUT IN MAXIMUM LOAD VALUES WHILE IN BOOST
FN 348 Crank PW Multiply the Y-axis as a percentage of the stock 302 cubic inch and 19 lb/hr injectors values by doing, 19/(new injector size) * (new engine size)/302=0.xxx
gamh44
General Poster

Name: Geof
Vehicle Information: Cobra replica. 302 HO from Mustang. 8LD ECU with chip. Massflo (Pro-M) EFI. Trickflow heads and cam. QH Jaybird and F3v2 chip. TunerPro RT.

Return to EEC-IV Tuning