Histogram usage

Anything not covered in the other forums.
dleach1407
Vehicle Information: 95 Mustang GT, CBAZA Quarterhorse
331, 190 11R heads, Edelbrock Victor 50 manifold, F303, T5, 76mm Turbo, 91 octane, Returnless dual pump 03 cobra tank, Behind bars rails, 80# siemens injectors
wbo2_030MtxL

57 F100, RZASA, 04 Crown Vic ecu and harness, 302, GT40 heads, 4r70w, 80# deka5 shorties, Holley carb style throttle body, Speedmaster high rise intake manifold

Histogram usage

Unread post by dleach1407 »

So im not sure if i am using the histograms right. Normally, i select the applicable histogram and choose running average for the filter but im starting to question if u am choosing rhe best filter/view. I feel like when dialing in fuel i would probably be better off filtering using the history average since it takes the last 10 rolling samples. Since hist_FuelErr is basically just showing ltft the most recent average would probably be closer to current ltft than say and average of 6000 or more samples right? When i dial in fuel i just take it for a long drive and watch the samples count by cell and fluctuate the speed, throttle and gear to target individual cells so i tend to get a large sample base before making changes again

Have you ever thought about doing a wire up for the histograms? I know i would benefit from it.
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Re: Histogram usage

Unread post by decipha »

running average is always going to be the most accurate

Fuel error is total fuel error its not the ltft. LTFT adapting over time will not change nor affect the fuel error.

histograms are simple. Select running average and drive stable - sounds like you got it.
PaulC-turbo5.0
Vehicle Information: 1989 fox GT convertible
5.0 stock block, E7 heads, stock cam
Explorer GT40 intake flipped to driver side inlet
Single 67mm On3 BB turbo
Flipped JBA headers, custom SS 2.5" hotside built by me
custom 3" coldside thru On3 intercooler
tuning with Moates QH + TPRT
Dechipa's GUFX and supporting files, couldnt have tuned it myself without him!

Re: Histogram usage

Unread post by PaulC-turbo5.0 »

Decipha your the one who creates this awesome shit and tunes bunches of vehicles so yea, it’s easy for you, but not always so easy for us noobs. I could benefit from histogram write ups too. You’ve doubled or tripled them recently too which makes it even harder lol