PATS and QH question

Issues pertaining specifically to moates equipment belongs here.
bad86capri
Vehicle Information: 1986 Capri 306, Twisted Wedge heads, RPM II Intake, Anderson B3 cam, 80Lbs Siemens Injectors, MAC Longtube Headers, G-Force T5, Spec 6 Puck Clutch, Ford Racing Aluminum Driveshaft.

PATS and QH question

Unread post by bad86capri »

I'm working on a 2003 mach 1. I've been working on getting a base tune put together and in the meantime while waiting on parts I decided to pull the quarterhorse and clean up some things. Now with the QH not installed in getting the pats code. The odometer has all dashes and the fuel pump will not prime. I pulled the codes and I'm getting the p147 code. Any ideas why this would happen after pulling the QH?
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Re: PATS and QH question

Unread post by decipha »

the ecu isnt bolted all the way back in or you have a loose connection

worse case disconnect the battery over night to clear the kam
could be a fault from corrupted ram on a strategy swap
bad86capri
Vehicle Information: 1986 Capri 306, Twisted Wedge heads, RPM II Intake, Anderson B3 cam, 80Lbs Siemens Injectors, MAC Longtube Headers, G-Force T5, Spec 6 Puck Clutch, Ford Racing Aluminum Driveshaft.

The battery has been disconnected all night. When i get home this evening ill check to make sure the ecu bolted in all the way. What other loose connection should i look for?
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

the additional connectors at the ecu that sometimes get unplugged to make removal easier
bad86capri

Well turns out in my laziness or lack of knowledge of these cars, i forgot to hook up the noise suppressor wires. One of them was missing the plastic connector and the wire was laying on a valve cover bolt and shorted out causing a big 30 amp fuse to pop in the fuse box under the hood.
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

03 has digital ignition EDIS there is no noise suppressors.
Technically that little cap hanging off the ignition feed is the misfire inhibitor but still referenced as a noise sup even by ford. Just a little FYI.

Thats a damn good find though that would have driven me nuts.
bad86capri

Can those misfire inhibitors go bad and if so what kind of symptoms will they cause?
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

yeah they go bad but not too common

you'll get random misfires