Definitions for 2015 edge sport ecoboost

For all other non specifically listed ECU tuning. This would include can-bus ecu's such as powerpc copperhead tricore and siemens ecus. As well as GM, Dodge or any aftermarket controller tuning etc...
evavel7
Vehicle Information: 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Stock 2.7 tt

Definitions for 2015 edge sport ecoboost

Unread post by evavel7 »

New to diy tuning here! got my interface, just trying to figure out how to pull the bin and then find a definitions file for fortunerpro. Or is there a base tune file out there that I can use as a starting point and then just flash that?

Thanks!
Evan
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Re: Definitions for 2015 edge sport ecoboost

Unread post by decipha »

what interface do you have?
evavel7
Stock 2.7 tt

Unread post by evavel7 »

j2534
evavel7
Stock 2.7 tt

Unread post by evavel7 »

Attachments
forscanscren.png
mechanicalmatch
Vehicle Information: 00 F150 4.6L Extended cab
CVAF1
4R70 3.08

Unread post by mechanicalmatch »

You are not going to be able to pull the bin using vxdiag and forscan. I know some people like them, but I would not trust a vxdiag product to read and write to an ecm. Most vxdiag devices try to act like some other type of diagnostic interface. I own the blue and black vxdiag interface. Very glitchy doing the job it is designed for (gm stuff)
Depending on what you are trying to do, you may have an easier time with a commercial product such as HP tuners or SCT. I haven't used SCT in about 15 yrs and that was on eec v stuff. I am a current user of HP tuners product. The learning curve is not as steep as it would be for you to figure out the diy method.
For example

with a commercial product
-buy interface/software combo
-license the PCM you are wanting to calibrate
-read, make changes, and write!

With diy stuff

-obtain the software to read write your PCM
-obtain compatible hardware to read write your PCM that is compatible with the software you are using
-figure out if there is a definition file (xdf) publically available for your strategy and obtain
-figure out if definition file is complete enough to make the necessary changes to your strategy. (This is also an issue with commercial products)
-then read, make changes and write. (Hopefully the software you have corrects the checksum)

Maybe someone else can chime in and give an opinion on current sct products that would be compatible with your vehicle.

None the less welcome to the world of "tuning" and good luck with your project.
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

the getting started write up has specifics

http://www.efidynotuning.com/started.htm
evavel7
Stock 2.7 tt

Unread post by evavel7 »

Thanks Decipha, I have read through it, great writeup, that info needs to top of any vehicle google search results.

mechanicalmatch...I like hptuners look and feel, but i guess I am a cheapass and would rather do things the hard way. I hate how everything requires a license and its nickel and dime here and there with almost any tuner it seems like.

but aside from being a cheap ass, cause ive already done the pay to play tunes, I want to fully understand what is being done, and be in control of my vehicles without having to be paying something everytime. and not only do I feel like I should be able to do this, I feel that every vehicle owner/car enthusiast should have some knowledge of tuning, and the process that goes into it. It should be common knowledge, and not pay hundreds of dollars to have someone do it for you.

idk maybe its just me haha and it seems so crazy too that all the ecu data is right there via forscan I can see and edit those pararmeters, but obviously I dont know what the hell they are because it just needs to be decoded. Which someone has done for all the bcm and other crap so you know its possible.

I guess ill post if i figure anything out, thanks
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

forscan is incapable of custom tuning or accessing any tune parametera to edit Thats far beyond the capabilities of its current coding the software would basically need to be rewritten.