"enable obsolete OBDII SCP traffic" patch

Used only on the 03/04 Marauder but can be used on any 03/04 ecu with code changes. Uses newer style SCP array so will not control cluster correctly on 2004 and older fords that use the older style SCP array such as mustangs.
rayRay
Vehicle Information: 2004 F150 heritage 4.6 4r70w stock

"enable obsolete OBDII SCP traffic" patch

Unread post by rayRay »

Would like to switch from FBGI0 to RZASA. Does this patch work/partially work, meaning truck failsafe cooling/CHT temp gauge, speedo and I guess 4x4 lights?
The reason I ask is because the website says RZASA doesn't support it.
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Re: "enable obsolete OBDII SCP traffic" patch

Unread post by decipha »

you are mistaken that patch has nothing to do with any of that

failsafe cooling is a function it has nothing to do with scp traffic

cht temp is same

speedo is different array

4x4 light would be vehicle specific

what are you wanting or trying to do exactly?
rayRay

Unread post by rayRay »

2004 F150 Heritage WSM:
Engine coolant temperature information is received by the instrument cluster from the PCM over the SCP network.
The LOW RANGE indicator will be illuminated when the vehicle is in 4x4 low and the PCM sends a message to the instrument cluster via the SCP network
My assumption is that if this patch does anything, it works for the speedo. My question is, does it also cover the 4L light and temperature gauge for old SCP clusters?

What I am trying to do is have some fun working with the best .xdf, just want to make sure I won't hobble the cluster.
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

No you are mistaken. It has nothing to do with any of that. Its just the old style code henry used for obd2 traffic it has nothing to do nor does it change the scp array any.

ECT or CHT is just configuration switches. It transmits the same on all scp arrays.

Speedo is configuration as well but I havent broke out those switches in rzasa to transmit it.

4L light I know nothing about but you can enable it and see if it works.
rayRay

Unread post by rayRay »

In the comments for the patch, someone, and I assumed that it was you, wrote:
Enable this to allow the obsolete ford SCP network traffic for most all 1999-2004 such as the F-150 & Mustang

This will enable the old obsolete vehicle speed communication link over the SCP network for the gauge cluster to read vehicle speed correctly
So none of that is true?

Further, if SCP's job of PCM to IPC comms is untouched by this patch, then that only leaves comms between PCM and the scan tool to be modified. To what end? An OBDII scan tool or code reader is going to work in either case.
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

No thats not true.

That was my intent when I started writing that patch but it only became a differences patch by the time I was done with it.

correct this modifies the obd2 code. No a code reader or scanner only works because the code allows it to. This particular code was additional diagnostics code that newer vehicles have that older vehicles do not.
rayRay

Unread post by rayRay »

Decipha, you've come off as either lacking knowledge or intentionally misleading in this thread.

I'm familiar with changes in diagnostic capabilities throughout the production arc of the 104 pin PCM's and none of the supported hardware codes on your EECV page are old enough to warrant bothering with updated diag IMO. I don't even know what could be picked up. Relative injector flow? Who cares about that? I doubt any 104 pin PCM's did spark duration, which only saves you the trouble of checking plug gap. I don't even use the OBDII port for PCM work since I've started tuning through the J port with your .xdf. All this to say that I find your explanation for making a nearly useless patch, then labelling it as something extremely useful completely baffling.
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

Its neither

That was my intent when I started writing that patch but it only became a differences patch by the time I was done with it.

The obd-2 traffic is pretty serious. I spent at least a couple years and probably 10k hrs going through the code trying to pick apart each line of obd2 code comparing it to other eec-v's code wise until I finally said screw it and gave up as I had lost the desire to finish it. Partly because I discovered that RZAO1 supports both arrays due to switches so it was basically a waste of time.

Only reason why the patch is still there is because I changed some bytes in some older cals way back when and I left it so I could see if had been changed when comparing.

I just checked and its literally only 1 byte in the lastest update to RZASA, so at some point I deleted most of it.

I'll be removing it entirely in the next update so as to not confuse anyone else.