Tune configuration help (5.0 Ranger)

Used only on the 03/04 Marauder but can be used on any 03/04 ecu with code changes. Uses newer style SCP array so will not control cluster correctly on 2004 and older fords that use the older style SCP array such as mustangs.
DangerRanger
Vehicle Information: 2001 ranger xlt, 1999 5.0 swap out of an explorer.

Tune configuration help (5.0 Ranger)

Unread post by DangerRanger »

(RZASA) (ADX file - DECIPHA_200510.adx) (EEC-V "HLN3")

**WARNING, NOOB ALERT!**

Hey guys I have a 5.0 ranger I've been trying to get running for a while now. I'm having troubles getting the base tune calibration all set up. First of all tuner pro has a different layout than the picture posted in the calibrations write up, (ill try to attach a photo if I can) and that's been quite difficult in itself as I am very new to this. I have no "Tuning/Engine/Configuration" drop down. despite that I've got the stock map from the ECU uploaded and have a majority of the base calibrations dialed in.

I'm stuck on a couple things. First, the Fuel pump voltage. where can I find this information? as well as axel ratios I and F, what do I do here? is there something I can reference for these tables?

I tried to figure out the Crank PW with no success. There's multiple options in the dropdown for fueling> cranking, labeled with crank PW in the header but I'm not sure what I need to adjust. Maybe I'm overlooking something?

Where would I find or how can I calculate for load scaling, and inferred load?

I appreciate all the help, i'm sure Mike is tired of my endless emails. Regardless I want him to know I am very grateful for his help and support, and very grateful for this software.

Thanks for your time and knowledge, hope to hear back soon.
Attachments
tunerpro layout.jpg
wwhite
Vehicle Information: 1994 Flarside, XLT, 351w E4OD
SD48b, Quarter Horse, Burn2

Re: Tune configuration help (5.0 Ranger)

Unread post by wwhite »

First off, you are using an ADX file that according to the file name, is 16.5 years old!

Update TunerPro RT, and update your files.
I'd be tempted to start tuning from a stock bin, if changes have been made using the old files.
DangerRanger
Vehicle Information: 2001 ranger xlt, 1999 5.0 swap out of an explorer.

Unread post by DangerRanger »

No kidding! I have no idea how I even found those. I'm trying to follow the Getting started page as close as I can haha. DECIPHA_211019.adx and RZASA_210517.xdf are what I'm looking for I assume?
wwhite

Unread post by wwhite »

If RZASA matches your bin/hardware, I would assume yes.
Sorry, I have more knowledge with EEC-IV than EEC-V.
wwhite

Unread post by wwhite »

wwhite wrote: 2022 Feb 24, 12:44 First off, you are using an ADX file that according to the file name, is 16.5 years old!
Ooops... Not 16 years old, file naming is _YYMMDD.

SO your file was not that old, from 2020, May 10th.

Still best to update files to the latest.
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

http://www.efidynotuning.com/started.htm#calibration

There is no pump voltage since the explorers use a return style fuel system just like the 98 and older stangs and the 11-17 stangs do. Its jut a simple on/off.

if you hold down control and press F you can bring up the find box. Type in crank pw and press enter and the cranking pw parameters will pop up.
double click a parameter to open it and Press f10 to read the comments. EVERYTHING is fully documented out in the comments.

You apparently missed the fuel write up too on the homepage as cranking fuel is specifically covered there as well.

Dont think i got any emails but i dont usully email as everything goes through the forum here.