Cooke, Brian (68 Bronco)

Place for your vehicle notes and blow-by-blow build threads.
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Re: Cooke, Brian (68 Bronco)

Unread post by decipha »

did you mean 2 wot pulls in the one log or did you mean to attach a 2nd log too?

the hesitation around 4500 is that at wot or while your at part throttle?
nvrstuk
Vehicle Information: '68 Ford Bronco
A9l, Moates Qtrhorse
460sbf, 92 octane 6r80 trans, ProCase 3:1 transfer case, 40" tires, 5.13:1 frt/rear gear ratios, Air lockers, 5350#'s.
WOT only - 92uego

Unread post by nvrstuk »

2 WOT pulls on one data log.

Hesitation is at WOT every pull I can feel it and hear it.
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

Your fueling went rich for some odd reason. This should have her corrected. Give this a go and LMK if its still there. I don't see any reason for it everything looks good.

LMK if she seems to make more power, less power or about the same as WOT as well with this.
Attachments
BCOO_220203F7.bin
(56 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
nvrstuk
A9l, Moates Qtrhorse
460sbf, 92 octane 6r80 trans, ProCase 3:1 transfer case, 40" tires, 5.13:1 frt/rear gear ratios, Air lockers, 5350#'s.
WOT only - 92uego

Unread post by nvrstuk »

I downloaded version f7, uploaded and datalogged

Check out the very rich readings appr 3 min before my two back to back WOT runs. I was cruising about 55-60 mph on the way to do the WOT and would gently accelerate and then let off the throttle and got 10.5 and up to 11.0 each of the 5-8 times I tried it. Seemed really fat getting off the throttle.

WOT test. Hit high 15's at the instant the throttle was opened then leveled out quickly to the mid 13's up to redline.

I still get the very noticeable lack of rapid rpm increase/obvious lack of power at that mid rpm range in the 4K area. weird.

There is no "bog" per say, like we used to tune out of carbs in the acclerator pump circuit or when secondaries kicked in but it is still very noticeable and just a lack of power for a 1/2 second.

I could not notice any difference from yesterday's tune. It is 20deg F with a very stiff wind today.... kinda ugly out. sorry I can't give you any more accurate info.

I filled up the tank yesterday even tho I have 4 fuel pickups in different corners of the tank just to eliminate any potential factors.
Attachments
BCOO_220203.f7 two WOT.xdl
(1.2 MiB) Downloaded 7 times
nvrstuk
A9l, Moates Qtrhorse
WOT only - 92uego

Unread post by nvrstuk »

Evening Michael... for a guy like me who has to fight every step when walking through instructions even if they are only missing 1 word, how hard is it going to be to burn a chip? lol

I would like to burn something before we have everything finalized, like cold starts, NSS, etc, so then I will at least have a really good tune to fall back on. I have had Qtrhorse batteries fail, Qtrhorses fail, all tunes lost by my previous tuner and had to start over from scratch, you name it. Battery failing was my fault but we couldn't get this thing tuned and you saw how far off it was when I showed you. Bit frustrating, so before I leave on Saturday I'd like to try burning a chip tomorrow. Not pushing for a final tune as I know we are close, just want something permanent before I go and have time to have you help me since I will find some kind of stumbling step ... lol

Thanks.

Brian
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

Burning a chip is simple its all detailed in the getting started write up step by step.

Yeah that split second of richness on decel after you closed the throttle is from too much decel fuel. I reduced it quite a bit should be much improved.

Yeah something is definitely going on at that 4500 area. Looks almost like the ignition is breaking down. How old are the plugs? Have you tried running them wider than 40 maybe around 60 or so? Are you running the vb921 coils?

The fueling seems to be jumping back and forth up top.
imaf err
775 2
750 0
725 .92
700 .96
650 8
600 5
550 11
525 16

There's a bit of turbulence in the maf right around that 525 imaf range thats causing fuel to fluctutate a touch and again up top. Heres the maf curve to give you a visual.

In any case, load this in and shoot me back another.
maf_curve.png
Attachments
BCOO_220203F8.bin
(56 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
nvrstuk
A9l, Moates Qtrhorse
WOT only - 92uego

Unread post by nvrstuk »

Plugs are 2 yrs old. Good burn pattern on them but showing a little rich with my "pre-Decipha" tunes. I used to read plugs all the time when building and modding 2 stroke sleds (snowmobiles).

I can increase the gap up to whatever you recommend. I have a ton of stuff I'm trying to fit in to the next couple days. Might have to try different gap settings when I get back. I won't be putting many miles on and most of those will be low rpm rock crawling "miles".

thanks
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

yeah if it was running rich for 2 years then its prob time to replace them I would wait til after we get the rich decel verified though.

yeah id recommend opening the gap to 60. What neon coils do you have?
nvrstuk
A9l, Moates Qtrhorse
WOT only - 92uego

Unread post by nvrstuk »

Datalog #f8 is attached...

The "bog/power loss " is very noticeable now.

I did another WOT after the 1st one to see if it was imagined or not.... but it was there.

Tonight I am going to try to burn a chip...

Then I'm loading up onto the trailer and heading SE 1100+ miles.

I use '97-05 Dodge Neon coil packs.

thanks

Brian
Attachments
BCOO_230203.f8 2 more WOT....xdl
(1.14 MiB) Downloaded 5 times
nvrstuk
A9l, Moates Qtrhorse
WOT only - 92uego

Unread post by nvrstuk »

I went to the “Getting Started” page and I could not see a reference anywhere on that page on "How to Burn a Chip".

Sorry, but …

I only found that page because I saved the link and had to type the addy in. Nowhere on the TunerRT software page does it have an easy to find link one can click on to find the “Getting Started” page. Maybe I'm not even on the right page?

Once you use this site a few times it’s OK, but I had a different friend try to help me tonight and he gave up. I'm still trying.

Is there anyway you can Team View or somehow spend a few minutes so I can actually find the page to burn a chip and then possibly go thru the steps to burn one?

I’m going to copy this post to the Notifications board that we normally post on.

Thanks

Brian
509 929 0669