CVAF1 For sport trac (custom project)

Covers v8 mustangs in 99-early 01 years. Can be configured for V6 easily and cobras as well as trucks and other fords if hardware is compatible.
Tracn20
Vehicle Information: 2001 Explorer Sport Trac

CVAF1 For sport trac (custom project)

Unread post by Tracn20 »

Working on trying to get my manual trans swap done on my truck (2001 sport trac) and clean up a few issues (oversized tires, gears changed)

I have done a good variance of tunes previously using romraider, ecuflash, made my own XDFs for Audi and VWs that I have tuned to great success...Have played with CBAZA, CDAN4, and FGFB2 cars.

I picked up a 2001 Ranger ECU from a wrecker and pulled the base bin off, and have been trying to compare and contrast to analyze structure and pick out the pieces I need to make this work and decided to just use a spare 99 Mustang GT ecu. In the process of trying to configure it and have the MBT and BDL base tables set up (based off a 2005 mustang 4.0sohc stock rom I have) and have hit a snag. I have NUMCYL set to 6, and SARCHG set, but I am stuck on what to do for firing order and injector output port as there are 8 fields. Firing order for the 4.0sohc is 1,4, 2, 5, 3, 6. Was curious what to do for the remaining 2 fields (null them out with no data or else) Truck was my daily until the 5r55e decided its favorite gear is grape, miss driving it.

Thanks!
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Re: CVAF1 For sport trac (custom project)

Unread post by decipha »

doesnt matter as they arent used
Tracn20
Vehicle Information: 2001 Explorer Sport Trac

Unread post by Tracn20 »

Awesome! Thank you for the quick response.

Before I defaulted to the 99 GT ecu I tried to make my own xdf for the ranger\trac ecu and followed the dissembly write up and got all the checksum stuff down, plotted out the vid block, then used the mustang def to change the TRLOAD and TRSTRAT in a base bin and looked at structure around it to isolate it out by using surrounding structure and common bits and code. Had 0 luck and when I tried to use the quarterhorse to load the modified bin with my pats code transferred over to the manual ranger file. Fuel pump just ran and theft light flash so I figured there was a code difference between the preav2 and preav4 strats as the pats code for the sport track was only 8 bit pairs and rangers was 12.
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

nothing you just said makes any sense