CXN1-01 Lightning need Strategy

00/01 SVT Lightning
SVTF150
Supporting Member 1
Vehicle Information: 2001 Ford F150 Lightning #6 Lower Metco QC pulley ,20" Rep Whl. PCM CC (CXN1)

Re: CXN1-01 Lightning need Strategy

Unread post by SVTF150 »

Yes Sir i did it runs pretty good for an initial start up tune the biggest thing i notice is how the trans acts it shifts better and doesnt hold second and third as long as it did before, before you had to chop the throttle to get it to do what you wanted, it starts a lot faster than it did and i can tell the cold start tune is diff guessing thats why it fires up so fast. "Nice" I should be able to use the compare feature in TP to see what all is different? did you use the latest ford calibration in the start up you sent me if so what all do they change i guess it depends if there trying to fix and issue or not? cant wait to dive in this thing and start playing with it
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

There are no updated cal's for the 01 lightnings at least not to my knowledge.

I left all the trans shift scheduling stock I only changed the converter lockup rate so it locks sooner and slower and I increased torque modulation during shifts which makes it feel like it engages firmer when in reality it really isn't.

Yeah I completely revamp startup, idle air, spark and dashpot.

I'll get you something soon as time permits. Hadn't any free time lately.
SVTF150
Supporting Member 1
Vehicle Information: 2001 Ford F150 Lightning #6 Lower Metco QC pulley ,20" Rep Whl. PCM CC (CXN1)

Unread post by SVTF150 »

yeah its nice I'm liking it now that you say that engine braking is diff and its nice around town it will coast for days and it slows down good from highway speeds till you get down to a lower mph i dont have to get on the brakes as hard to get this heavy ass thing slowed down. Yeah i noticed you posted a strategy link but pending i've been checking everyday but no rush though im excited to get to work with it ive been a technician for almost 25 years and through years working for Ford/Dodge and the like they keep all this stuff top secret like its alien technology and i know its not easy stuff by any means but it should be anybodys rite to change and do whatever they wish with something that you physically own i have much respect for you and the other handful of guys that help make this a reality so thank you but let me know if you need me to do anything Funds/etc.
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

I just posted the xdf so far. Its a start. I'll post a new one and an adx when I get the datalogging completed.

Your maf is going to look off. You need to set the scaling percentage value to 1.356 and save your file. Your stock file set the scaling percentage to 1 and save it if you want to compare. Keep in mind the borderline spark table does not compare over directly since the modifiers are null in my tunes.
SVTF150
Supporting Member 1

Unread post by SVTF150 »

Gotcha ill get it loaded and check it out :) thank you again
SVTF150
Supporting Member 1

Unread post by SVTF150 »

Hello Mr Mike how you doing i was just checking in to see how the strategy and adx are coming along and had question i pretty much need to follow the write up when it comes fine tuning as far as timing, load etc. because i know you have tuned a few of these or are there some things that should be left alone also
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

Its coming slowly but surely hadn't any free time to do much lately though.

You can adjust spark and such thats part of tuning is seeing what your truck likes specifically.

All the other stuff is already done though.
SVTF150
Supporting Member 1

Unread post by SVTF150 »

Ok thats what i figured, and thank you for workn on the xdf & adx for me, my end goal is to become a pre member also it just gonna be a min till i get the rest up, it would be foolish to not the benefits and future cost breaks are a no brainer. O and if i need to log or basically just look at data/pids in the mean time i can just do that through the DLC with a scanner or an ELM rite? thanks again
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

yep
SVTF150
Supporting Member 1

Unread post by SVTF150 »

How you doin boss I was wanting to get the rest of the files I needed for my truck for data logging etc. So if you can when you get a sec let me know how much left do I owe to get the files I need thanks.