Selling My CarDAQ-Plus 2 J2534-1/2 PassThru with Dell E7270 Laptop

Come shoot the shit or scope out the scenery. Either way this is for all non specific posts.
planestrainsandcars
Vehicle Information: 2018 Kia Forte Sedan, relatively stock.

Selling My CarDAQ-Plus 2 J2534-1/2 PassThru with Dell E7270 Laptop

Unread post by planestrainsandcars »

Hello all and thanks for having me. I own an electronics repair business in Ohio and automotive repair is only an enthusiast-level hobby for me.

I am selling this J2534-1/2 PassThru setup with the Laptop because I am not able to utilize it for all it is worth, given that automotive work is not something I do to pay the bills. I have used the setup no more than once, it was part of a transmission replacement job for me. The PassThru is in spotless condition, fully functioning, and the laptop is used, but also in excellent condition, fully functioning, with only very minor signs of wear. Basically two small scuffs on the lid (see picture) and otherwise the laptop appears new.

This setup allows you to program, flash, and diagnose with OEM software. There is no subscription cost, only the cost of OEM software subscription purchased from OEM tech website. DrewTech does not charge any subscription fees, and provides live tech support (including screen sharing) as long as you own the tool. There is no account or login, you simply hook the device up to the laptop (or any laptop of your choosing) and the device connects to the internet, recognizing itself as genuine. This tech support from DrewTech will therefore be passed on to you when you purchased the device. Software is pre-installed on the Laptop, but also can be downloaded from DrewTech.

Given that this is a J2534-1 AND 2 device, it does everything the CarDAQ-Plus 3 does. They are both J2534-1/2 devices, allowing you to go beyond engine and powertrain modules (ABS, TPMS, etc), depending on what the OEM allows with their software.

I am asking $1350 with free shipping for the complete setup and am selling the device on eBay, am not really looking to complete any transaction outside of eBay as there is no reason to.

The eBay Link is here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/294238252409

Please feel free to contact me with any questions. Thanks.

decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Re: Selling My CarDAQ-Plus 2 J2534-1/2 PassThru with Dell E7270 Laptop

Unread post by decipha »

Thats pretty useless here as we use the mongoose. Does everything it will do for 1/3rd the cost new.
planestrainsandcars
Vehicle Information: 2018 Kia Forte Sedan, relatively stock.

Re: Selling My CarDAQ-Plus 2 J2534-1/2 PassThru with Dell E7270 Laptop

Unread post by planestrainsandcars »

decipha wrote: 2021 Jun 22, 12:25 Thats pretty useless here as we use the mongoose. Does everything it will do for 1/3rd the cost new.
The Mongoose can only do powertrain programming. Standard J2534 can only touch EPA mandated emissions-related modules (ECU/TCU). Due to this being a J2534-2 (version 2) device, this can go beyond ECU/TCU to program/flash ABS, TPMS, Airbag, SRS, SAS, and other modules depending on the OEM software. With Toyota and Honda, for example, you can do all of those things with Techstream and i-HDS, respectively.

If you ever need to replace one of those modules or modify values within them and reset, reprogram, or do a "learning" procedure before it will work (in accordance with OEM service info), this is one of the only tools that can do that, other than OEM/Dealer GDS device.

In addition to that, the Mongoose is great for what it does but is not available for all makes. There is no Mongoose for Hyundai, Kia, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, Mitsubishi, or Subaru. Not super popular makes, but there are definitely people who want to program, tune, and replace modules on them. You need the right tool to do so.