Dialing in FN1861

Used only on the 03/04 Marauder but can be used on any 03/04 ecu with code changes. Uses newer style SCP array so will not control cluster correctly on 2004 and older fords that use the older style SCP array such as mustangs.
m-barans
Vehicle Information: 2003 Mercury Marauder 300A with new stock bore IRON 4.6 block, Manley crank, Manley H-tuff h-beam rods, CP pistons with stainless rings, ARP head studs, GT500 lash adjusters and rollers, D series cylinder heads, VMP GEN3R 2.65 L TVS blower, 80 lb/hr FRPP Siemens Deka injectors, HPX slot 100mm MAF, coyote mustang fuel pump with Holley 60 psi filter/regulator return at pump, Stainless works long tube headers and complete exhaust, Moates quarter horse and TunerPro RT with support from Decipha, RZASA strategy.

2001 Ford Lightning SVT F-150 stock engine w/ inlet ported M112, GT500 rollers, ARP head studs, metco quick change upper pulley with stock sized upper, K&N intake system, bassani SS exhaust system from the stock manifold flanges back. 4x4 trans oil pan. SSBC big brakes 14” up front. Work/Street truck. My “next to build” with trick flow heads (before extinction) with h-beams & cobra jet crank (sitting in tool box) and proper pistons. Next up after the marauder is dialed in.

Dialing in FN1861

Unread post by m-barans »

Am I correct in assuming that the way to dial FN1861 in (after t-body adjustment is corrected which is done) is to log a start-up, view the log while monitoring (ATMR3, DESMAF and ECT), deduce what cell we are in in FN1861 at a time/place in log and add/subtract DESMAF correction value from said cell? I’m just trying to clarify this process for my conceptual understanding so I can quit chasing my tail and make some actual progress. Thanks
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Re: Dialing in FN1861

Unread post by decipha »

yep that's it

atmr is at the top right of the dash

simple add or subtract the cell in use to try to get the idle air error to 0
m-barans
Vehicle Information: 2003 Mercury Marauder 300A with new stock bore IRON 4.6 block, Manley crank, Manley H-tuff h-beam rods, CP pistons with stainless rings, ARP head studs, GT500 lash adjusters and rollers, D series cylinder heads, VMP GEN3R 2.65 L TVS blower, 80 lb/hr FRPP Siemens Deka injectors, HPX slot 100mm MAF, coyote mustang fuel pump with Holley 60 psi filter/regulator return at pump, Stainless works long tube headers and complete exhaust, Moates quarter horse and TunerPro RT with support from Decipha, RZASA strategy.

2001 Ford Lightning SVT F-150 stock engine w/ inlet ported M112, GT500 rollers, ARP head studs, metco quick change upper pulley with stock sized upper, K&N intake system, bassani SS exhaust system from the stock manifold flanges back. 4x4 trans oil pan. SSBC big brakes 14” up front. Work/Street truck. My “next to build” with trick flow heads (before extinction) with h-beams & cobra jet crank (sitting in tool box) and proper pistons. Next up after the marauder is dialed in.

Neat! So, I need to repeat this in Drive, correct? Also, it seems implied that the start up IAC duty cycle would likely need to be dialed back since our t-body has been adjusted to be open more at all times. I lowered start up crank duty cycle a bit and crank pw similarly and start ups tend to be less dramatic now too. Should I move on to dash pot and the A/C adder after finishing up with the ISC D and N multipliers?
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

yep

btw I posted my tune from my marauder along with updated adx and xdf files
m-barans

Thanks for sharing that and those updates. I really feel like I'm raping the ISC multipliers because the tables are beginning to look a little ugly lol. Is that ok as long as the DESMAF gets close to 0?
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

yep