PERLOAD vs CL

Used only on the 03/04 Marauder but can be used on any 03/04 ecu with code changes. Uses newer style SCP array so will not control cluster correctly on 2004 and older fords that use the older style SCP array such as mustangs.
m-barans
Vehicle Information: 2003 Mercury Marauder 300A with new stock bore IRON 4.6 block, Manley crank, Manley H-tuff h-beam rods, CP pistons with stainless rings, ARP head studs, GT500 lash adjusters and rollers, D series cylinder heads, VMP GEN3R 2.65 L TVS blower, 80 lb/hr FRPP Siemens Deka injectors, HPX slot 100mm MAF, coyote mustang fuel pump with Holley 60 psi filter/regulator return at pump, Stainless works long tube headers and complete exhaust, Moates quarter horse and TunerPro RT with support from Decipha, RZASA strategy.

2001 Ford Lightning SVT F-150 stock engine w/ inlet ported M112, GT500 rollers, ARP head studs, metco quick change upper pulley with stock sized upper, K&N intake system, bassani SS exhaust system from the stock manifold flanges back. 4x4 trans oil pan. SSBC big brakes 14” up front. Work/Street truck. My “next to build” with trick flow heads (before extinction) with h-beams & cobra jet crank (sitting in tool box) and proper pistons. Next up after the marauder is dialed in.

PERLOAD vs CL

Unread post by m-barans »

I went ahead and used the Histogram to obtain the correction factors for FN035A and multiplied those values by those correction factors as able. I noticed that PERLOAD approximately = LOAD now. When moderately accelerating at cruising speeds I feel the car almost misfire while in Closed Loop around 0 vacuum 0 boost (under half throttle with PERLOAD value approximately .75 to 1.00) Does this sound like normal “dialed in” operation? Or does it need to kick out of Closed Loop “earlier” for the PERLOAD to take over earlier?

I’m not seeing the WB reading going lean like it’s actually misfiring but I may throw the IDS in to monitor power balance just to confirm. Any insight/feedback is appreciated, thanks
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Re: PERLOAD vs CL

Unread post by decipha »

no you have something mechanical going on
m-barans
Vehicle Information: 2003 Mercury Marauder 300A with new stock bore IRON 4.6 block, Manley crank, Manley H-tuff h-beam rods, CP pistons with stainless rings, ARP head studs, GT500 lash adjusters and rollers, D series cylinder heads, VMP GEN3R 2.65 L TVS blower, 80 lb/hr FRPP Siemens Deka injectors, HPX slot 100mm MAF, coyote mustang fuel pump with Holley 60 psi filter/regulator return at pump, Stainless works long tube headers and complete exhaust, Moates quarter horse and TunerPro RT with support from Decipha, RZASA strategy.

2001 Ford Lightning SVT F-150 stock engine w/ inlet ported M112, GT500 rollers, ARP head studs, metco quick change upper pulley with stock sized upper, K&N intake system, bassani SS exhaust system from the stock manifold flanges back. 4x4 trans oil pan. SSBC big brakes 14” up front. Work/Street truck. My “next to build” with trick flow heads (before extinction) with h-beams & cobra jet crank (sitting in tool box) and proper pistons. Next up after the marauder is dialed in.

I found that it’s just starting to have a torque converter shudder when the converter clutch is modulated. I’ll deem it normal until I can figure out if there are any heavy duty TC that offers stock like drivability and get back to the tuning. Thanks
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

just clamp it more so it cant shudder no prob
m-barans

Is there a adder for line pressure to the TCC clutch?
Is this a matter of increasing ramp?
Is “modulation” considered “soft lock” ?
My best guess is increasing TCC clutch pressure via duty cycle of tcc solenoid but I will keep studying the parameter list to try and understand there purposes.
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

tcc clutch doesnt have nor need a dedicated pres solenoid

ramp is how quick pres changes

yes you should be in modulation 99% of the time

you increase tcc clamp by reducing the commanded slip in the tcc slip tables
m-barans

I had found slip tables but they all were for 4R100s. I didn't realize that the ones I needed were another 20 down the list. I made some reductions to slip values in 3 and 4 and my TCC feels great now. I never thought I'd address a mechanical concern with some parameter adjustments. Thank you much! Also, I'm wondering if you'd care to share your marauders tune for referencing? I believe I downloaded it at one time but can't locate it. It would be nice to see what normal/proper tune looks like since so many background functions are different from a stock cal anyway.
m-barans

To update: I found the commanded slip table and reduced it and now the 3rd gear torque converter lockup is occurring to where it’s noticeable like a 4R100s lock up. Very nice!
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

my marauder tune is on the rzasa download page
m-barans

I will take another look