Goofy ECT Data - too low

Decipha's custom GUFX strategy covers all 89-93 foxbody ecu's including the 88 mass-air california ecus.
JBasham
Vehicle Information: GUFX

Ford 347 Stroker
T5 Transmission
BMW E36 Chassis

Goofy ECT Data - too low

Unread post by JBasham »

A while back I upgraded my old 5.0 H.O. with GFUB to a Blueprint 347 stroker longblock. Life since then has been too busy to get any tuning done beyond getting the base fuel table and the air masses dialed in right. I started looking at startup fuel enhancement today and I noticed the ECT temp data read way too low.

I replaced the coolant temp sensor with a new one when I installed the 347. Guess it's a dud? It's kind of a drag because the whole upper intake tract and the P/S fuel rail needs to come off so I can get at it, but I'll order the part and get to it.

The ECT figures read 40 degrees low. E.g., if the engine coolant is really 80 degrees at the ECT sensor, the data link to the Quarterhorse reads 40 degrees. If the coolant is really 205, the Quarterhorse data shows 165. Whatever's going on, it doesn't throw the Check Engine light. Contact cleaner on the harness/sensor connection doesn't help. (If I just unplug the sensor, the Quarterhorse shows 90 degrees.)

Is there maybe some chance that the ECT minimum and maximum voltage range settings in the BIN have gotten knocked out of wack? Or do I really need to replace this sensor?

Thanks

Jamey
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Re: Goofy ECT Data - too low

Unread post by decipha »

plug it in to another sensor and see
JBasham
Vehicle Information: GUFX

Ford 347 Stroker
T5 Transmission