Dont use Duckduckgo browser.. Brave recommended

Come shoot the shit or scope out the scenery. Either way this is for all non specific posts.
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Dont use Duckduckgo browser.. Brave recommended

Unread post by decipha »

Ive always had low bandwidth and disconnect issues with the forum since inception, its something Ive lived with but it forced me to throw every trick in the book at the forum to get it as fast as possible. Over the years its gotten slightly worse so Ive just thrown more bandwidth at the problem and just accepted it. Every test Ive ran showed our website and forum runs circles around every other forum and website I know of and for reasons I just couldnt find Ive been forced to just concluded it was what it was meaning I had no clue what bottle necked it so bad.

With the forum upgrade and duckduckgo no longer being supported I had to use the Brave browser which Ive had on my mobile for years but just never used.

First impression was that the forum hauls ass. I attributed it to the updated phpbb but when I went to view some things with ddg I was once again bottlenecked.

So figured Id do some testing and the results are just mind blowing theres absolutely no comparison. For the test I opened 100 threads simultaneously.

Using duckduckgo it took 39 minutes to completely load them all after all the disconnects finally resolved. This is the norm that Ive been experiencing for years.

The same 100 threads loaded in just 11 seconds using brave +/- 2 seconds since I was so taken back that I couldnt believe what I just witnessed.

So for anyone else that has low speed issues or frequent disconnects first check your browser. Probably didnt help that I use duckduckslow on everything but never again.