Returnless fuel lines with an A9L

Anything not covered in the other forums.
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Re: Returnless fuel lines with an A9L

Unread post by decipha »

No, returnless will not work on the fox ecu as it does not have a pwm output available to control fuel pump duty cycle same as the explorer and 2011+ fords.

However 'mechanical returnless' is fords definition for having a short return line. Mechanical returnless uses the same fuel pump code as the return system since its only difference is a short return line. The fuel pump code for the 2011 fords and the 97-01 explorer ford copied from the 83-95 eec-iv.
barless66
Vehicle Information: '66 Mustang GT with '91 306, A9L, and Tremec 3550

Unread post by barless66 »

okay, that is a very useful piece of information... I wasn't making a distinction between returnless and mechanical returnless.

if the Holley sender claims to send 58psi with the built-in regulator in the tank, i guess that makes it mechanical returnless. does that obviate the need for a PPRV?

i see that you recommend always running at 65psi base pressure for the kind of injectors i'll be using... is trying to run 58 psi on an A9L a matter of changing a scalar value, or would I be starting my tuning journey by walking through the gates of hell?

on a related note, are you still doing remote tunes?
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

pprv is a regulator so all good

you simply plug in your injector data for which ever injectors your running for the pressure your running just as normal

yep still do
barless66
Vehicle Information: '66 Mustang GT with '91 306, A9L, and Tremec 3550

Unread post by barless66 »

alright then, i think i have enough information to proceed... if all goes well, i should be getting in touch about dialing in a base tune in the coming months.

thank you so very much for the info and advice.
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

yep np