Late 1-2 shift intermittently 4R70W

Anything not covered in the other forums.
m-barans
Vehicle Information: 2003 Mercury Marauder 300A with new stock bore IRON 4.6 block, Manley crank, Manley H-tuff h-beam rods, CP pistons with stainless rings, ARP head studs, GT500 lash adjusters and rollers, D series cylinder heads, VMP GEN3R 2.65 L TVS blower, 80 lb/hr FRPP Siemens Deka injectors, HPX slot 100mm MAF, coyote mustang fuel pump with Holley 60 psi filter/regulator return at pump, Stainless works long tube headers and complete exhaust, Moates quarter horse and TunerPro RT with support from Decipha, RZASA strategy.

2001 Ford Lightning SVT F-150 stock engine w/ inlet ported M112, GT500 rollers, ARP head studs, metco quick change upper pulley with stock sized upper, K&N intake system, bassani SS exhaust system from the stock manifold flanges back. 4x4 trans oil pan. SSBC big brakes 14” up front. Work/Street truck. My “next to build” with trick flow heads (before extinction) with h-beams & cobra jet crank (sitting in tool box) and proper pistons. Next up after the marauder is dialed in.

Re: Late 1-2 shift intermittently 4R70W

Unread post by m-barans »

Update: I went ahead and replaced the 1-2 shift servi and the springs (which were different than what was in there) per ford (snap on) catalog. So far it hasn’t acted up again. I reduced the speed at which 1-2 is commanded and now currently playing with pressure. Decipha’s recommendation considered I am at 30 psi and probably going to experiment with the next 10. Thanks everyone!
m-barans
Vehicle Information: 2003 Mercury Marauder 300A with new stock bore IRON 4.6 block, Manley crank, Manley H-tuff h-beam rods, CP pistons with stainless rings, ARP head studs, GT500 lash adjusters and rollers, D series cylinder heads, VMP GEN3R 2.65 L TVS blower, 80 lb/hr FRPP Siemens Deka injectors, HPX slot 100mm MAF, coyote mustang fuel pump with Holley 60 psi filter/regulator return at pump, Stainless works long tube headers and complete exhaust, Moates quarter horse and TunerPro RT with support from Decipha, RZASA strategy.

2001 Ford Lightning SVT F-150 stock engine w/ inlet ported M112, GT500 rollers, ARP head studs, metco quick change upper pulley with stock sized upper, K&N intake system, bassani SS exhaust system from the stock manifold flanges back. 4x4 trans oil pan. SSBC big brakes 14” up front. Work/Street truck. My “next to build” with trick flow heads (before extinction) with h-beams & cobra jet crank (sitting in tool box) and proper pistons. Next up after the marauder is dialed in.

Unread post by m-barans »

I am running into the rev limiter because the shift doesn’t happen correctly. I don’t seem to be making any progress by changing the tv table. Can somebody confirm what table I should be adjusting by calling it out as in TunerPro please? Also, thinking of doing j-mod as well. Please assist, thank you
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

marauder valve body already has the 'j-mod' from the factory

there's three things for the shift to occur on time

first make sure the vehicle speed isn't too high, thats in the shift schedule function fn23s if its the 2-3 shift, if the wot tprel speed value is too high then its going to wait until that vehicle speed to make the shift regardless. You can verify by the shift gear commanded at the bottom right of the dashboard.

if its not commanding the shift then its never going to shift

shift pressure is fn23dytx_vs - dynamic epc 2-3 shift
the last two columns should be wot shift pressure. If you kick those up you will command more line pressure during the shift. That could make it shift faster but it will reach a point where it will make it shift harder and not necessarily faster that's when you know you've got too much.

then you have the tcc fill last
fnup2dly is the 2-3 shift tcc fill time, kicked up that value will command the shift sooner.

Post your tune file and a log of this missed shift and i can probably see whats going on exactly from the log.