VID Block Corrupted

For all other non specifically listed ECU tuning. This would include can-bus ecu's such as powerpc copperhead tricore and siemens ecus. As well as GM, Dodge or any aftermarket controller tuning etc...
Just-a-guy
Vehicle Information: I do custom tuning as a hobby. Here to learn and share when/where I can. My daily driver is a 2014 Porsche Panamera. All stock.

VID Block Corrupted

Unread post by Just-a-guy »

Can anyone fix my VID block?

Doing a swap. Donor vehicle is a 2001 Explorer 5.0. The PCM is EQE4. I used SCT to make some changes, then read bin file with PCM Flash. Then unmarried my X4, then tried to use PCM Flash to put the modified bin back but I am getting an error of invalid VID block.

Thanks for any help.
Attachments
XL2FPE_READ0A2-20240223-160246.bin
(224 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-19 at 15.01.39_0c7fadfa.jpg
Just-a-guy
Vehicle Information: I do custom tuning as a hobby. Here to learn and share when/where I can. My daily driver is a 2014 Porsche Panamera. All stock.

Re: VID Block Corrupted

Oh and when I try to flash the ori file I get the same error. Yes, I made a read of the "stock" computer with pcm flash, and this file gives the same vid error. I am starting to wonder if this computer was corrupted somehow before I got my hands on it.
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

open the file in tunerpro and you can fix it yourself
Just-a-guy

Awesome. What strategy/xdf should I use? I didn’t see READ0 on the site.
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

You can open it with RZASA or any eec-v 4 bank strategy, correct the VID block ONLY and save it no problem.
Just-a-guy

Still struggling over here. I grabbed rzasa and opened my bin file. What is actually required to repair this file for flashing? Just the VIN? I see a list of 40 items when I search for VID. I wouldn't even know where to start. Thanks in advance.
vid.png
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

first thing u have to do is convert the file from 224 to 256. I have a script in the programming section to do it for you.

enable the vid block
plug in your vin
compare your pats code from the original read and make sure its the same
plug in your tire size and gear ratio

save the file then drag and drop it to convert it back to 224k

then write it with pcmflash

if pcmflash still gives you an error then that means your vid block on the ecu itself is jacked up.

simply go to the options in pcmflash and check recovery mode

then write the file no prob
Just-a-guy

Life saver. Does this look proper? Before and after screenshots:
vid2.png
vid3.png
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

I could maybe understand blacking out the last 4 of your vin but absolutely no need to black out the pats code

assuming you put in your actual vin and your pats code matches from the original read then yeah all good to go. you can go ahead and write it and enjoy.