Cold Start

Decipha's custom GUFX strategy covers all 89-93 foxbody ecu's including the 88 mass-air california ecus.
bad86capri
Vehicle Information: 1986 Capri 306, Twisted Wedge heads, RPM II Intake, Anderson B3 cam, 80Lbs Siemens Injectors, MAC Longtube Headers, G-Force T5, Spec 6 Puck Clutch, Ford Racing Aluminum Driveshaft.

Cold Start

Unread post by bad86capri »

Ive been working on my cold start. The issue im having is when i first start the car the engine comes up to around 1500-1800 rpm then quickly drops to below idle and surges for few seconds before coming back up to around 1500 rpm again. Where do i need to look at to correct this?
PaulC-turbo5.0
Vehicle Information: 1989 fox GT convertible
5.0 stock block, E7 heads, stock cam
Explorer GT40 intake flipped to driver side inlet
Single 67mm On3 BB turbo
Flipped JBA headers, custom SS 2.5" hotside built by me
custom 3" coldside thru On3 intercooler
tuning with Moates QH + TPRT
Dechipa's GUFX and supporting files, couldnt have tuned it myself without him!

Re: Cold Start

Unread post by PaulC-turbo5.0 »

most likely startup fuel enrichment. I am still working on this area of my tune as well and just recently reset the isc multiplier back to the same as the A9L2 and focusing on getting the fuel perfect first. I have screwed up the way I was making adjustments and got the isc multiplier all jacked up. The adjustments in both of these table are .008 increments and I now think making smaller adjustments is better.
bad86capri
Vehicle Information: 1986 Capri 306, Twisted Wedge heads, RPM II Intake, Anderson B3 cam, 80Lbs Siemens Injectors, MAC Longtube Headers, G-Force T5, Spec 6 Puck Clutch, Ford Racing Aluminum Driveshaft.

Re: Cold Start

Unread post by bad86capri »

When i get time this week ill check that out.