CMP sensor type and offset/info

Covers v8 mustangs in 99-early 01 years. Can be configured for V6 easily and cobras as well as trucks and other fords if hardware is compatible.
jhine5588
Vehicle Information: 1983 LTD wagon- 302 HO swapped with EFI and bolt-ons

CMP sensor type and offset/info

Unread post by jhine5588 »

Hello,

I'm looking for CMP sensor information on this (and other) strategies. I have a project that I'm trying to sort out my best option for an EEC that I am able to tune but also utilize the hardware on the engine.

The engine originally used an EEC, however there are no bin files for this strategy. I'm hoping to use something in the same generation (engine is an 01-02 out of a Mazda) and use a more readily available EEC that bins are already written for.

If anyone has graphs of CKP versus CMP for different strategies it would save me having to get the car running on the engine's original EEC and figuring out what other EEC's use similar hardware.

Thanks

Jeremy
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Re: CMP sensor type and offset/info

Unread post by decipha »

cam sensor is same as crank its just a simple a/c sine wave variable reluctance sensor for all fords 99+

if its an 01/02 ford engine in a mazda then usually its the same ecu as the ford and runs all the same cals. The mazda pickups come to mind as they run the same ranger ecu's.
jhine5588
Vehicle Information: 1983 LTD wagon- 302 HO swapped with EFI and bolt-ons

Re: CMP sensor type and offset/info

Unread post by jhine5588 »

I believe I posted a picture of the EEC tag a while ago in here and you said you didn't recognize it and it would be $1200ish to build the Bin for it.

Jeremy