Adaptive Learning Table Y axis

Covers all sn94/95 mustang v8 ecu's.
DOHCTOR_32V
Vehicle Information: 95 Cobra

Adaptive Learning Table Y axis

Unread post by DOHCTOR_32V »

Hi, is there a reason the Y axis in this picture has two identical top entries in the Adaptive Learning table Y axis? I see the table in the T4M2 tune is setup for a lower RPM range and lower load axis values, but it retains the double entry, so I assume there must be a good reason it's there. The Upper table in my picture is modified on the Y axis, lower table is stock.

Does Adaptive Learning turn off at WOT? I read up on how the table references other cells and how to set learn gain / speed. Now I'm trying to get familiar with when the learning is most beneficial, and when it should be tailed off according to load, RPM, idling and hard pulls. Any advice on that would be appreciated.

I'm aware Adaptive Learning can be disabled, so I'd also like to ask if good tuners are still disabling adaptive learning when performance cams are installed, or is it better to leave Adaptive Learning on, and deal with that situation in different ways?
AL Table.png
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Re: Adaptive Learning Table Y axis

Unread post by decipha »

You corrupted it.

that table is only 8 rows not 9
the top row first 4 cells are the special idle cells

at wot you should be in open loop so theres nothing to learn. So at wot and areas where your in open loop you can reference a cell learned elsewhere that would apply there.

Adaptives should never be turned off they can only improve fueling.
DOHCTOR_32V

There are 9 visible rows in this table in every CBAZA tune file I have, including the T4M2. Here's a picture of the non edited T4M2 - it has 9 rows with the two top, Y axis load values repeated. Considering your reply, I assume my Y axis, top row, just needs to go back to the 75 load value as it was originally, and the table, cell values will reference the same cells as original, to uncorrupt the table. Forgive me if I am misunderstanding the reasoning behind how this table is arranged. Thanks for the reply.
T4M2 - 2.png
T4M2 -1.png
DOHCTOR_32V

Now that I look at the non modified, T4MO.bin, it gets even more strange with the three, top row, Y axis load values being the same.
T4M0 Stock.png
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

You are mistakenly assuming the software is correct. Thats a major no no in custom tuning.

Go look at it in tunerpro and read the parameter comments and it will make perfect sense.
DOHCTOR_32V

Okay, I looked at it in Tuner Pro. What is the load value of 0, following either 60 (T4M2) or 75 (stock) load accomplishing in those tables?

Why is the T4M2, RPM scaling shortened to 2750? Am I correct to assume the ECM continues to use that last, 2750 RPM column at higher RPM?

Thanks