Tip-in Hesitation (accel enrichment issue?)

Used only on the 03/04 Marauder but can be used on any 03/04 ecu with code changes. Uses newer style SCP array so will not control cluster correctly on 2004 and older fords that use the older style SCP array such as mustangs.
m-barans
Vehicle Information: 2003 Mercury Marauder 300A with new stock bore IRON 4.6 block, Manley crank, Manley H-tuff h-beam rods, CP pistons with stainless rings, ARP head studs, GT500 lash adjusters and rollers, D series cylinder heads, VMP GEN3R 2.65 L TVS blower, 80 lb/hr FRPP Siemens Deka injectors, HPX slot 100mm MAF, coyote mustang fuel pump with Holley 60 psi filter/regulator return at pump, Stainless works long tube headers and complete exhaust, Moates quarter horse and TunerPro RT with support from Decipha, RZASA strategy.

2001 Ford Lightning SVT F-150 stock engine w/ inlet ported M112, GT500 rollers, ARP head studs, metco quick change upper pulley with stock sized upper, K&N intake system, bassani SS exhaust system from the stock manifold flanges back. 4x4 trans oil pan. SSBC big brakes 14” up front. Work/Street truck. My “next to build” with trick flow heads (before extinction) with h-beams & cobra jet crank (sitting in tool box) and proper pistons. Next up after the marauder is dialed in.

Tip-in Hesitation (accel enrichment issue?)

Unread post by m-barans »

If I do anything but slowly “roll” into the throttle to crack the throttle plate open slowly when the car is stopped, it wants to hesitate and fall on its face.

Do I need additional acceleration enrichment? How does rzasa control accel enrichment?

I was looking for a function for this but having trouble finding it.
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Re: Tip-in Hesitation (accel enrichment issue?)

Unread post by decipha »

manifold volume

go reduce it to get more tip in fuel
m-barans
Vehicle Information: 2003 Mercury Marauder 300A with new stock bore IRON 4.6 block, Manley crank, Manley H-tuff h-beam rods, CP pistons with stainless rings, ARP head studs, GT500 lash adjusters and rollers, D series cylinder heads, VMP GEN3R 2.65 L TVS blower, 80 lb/hr FRPP Siemens Deka injectors, HPX slot 100mm MAF, coyote mustang fuel pump with Holley 60 psi filter/regulator return at pump, Stainless works long tube headers and complete exhaust, Moates quarter horse and TunerPro RT with support from Decipha, RZASA strategy.

2001 Ford Lightning SVT F-150 stock engine w/ inlet ported M112, GT500 rollers, ARP head studs, metco quick change upper pulley with stock sized upper, K&N intake system, bassani SS exhaust system from the stock manifold flanges back. 4x4 trans oil pan. SSBC big brakes 14” up front. Work/Street truck. My “next to build” with trick flow heads (before extinction) with h-beams & cobra jet crank (sitting in tool box) and proper pistons. Next up after the marauder is dialed in.

Okay, I almost forgot about man_vol.

Are there multipliers to transient fueling as well?

Would DPS_FK_IN be one of them?

I’m wondering what to expect with changing them…

Thank you
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

manifold volume should be all you need to solve your issue
m-barans

Is there a recommended value to set man_vol while still working in the LWFM table? I am going to spend some time dialing this VE table in and just want to avoid chasing my tail so to speak…
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

manifold volume has nothing to do with failed maf
m-barans

I cannot say I fully understand man_vol but in my case I was way to small a figure and that was causing problems. I went ahead and bumped it to 40 liters (60 is stock) and it drives damn better. At least I am in the “zip code” for transient fueling. I also had noticed the ** asterisk notation of the parameter. I’m curious if there is a way to clearly identify how much scaling has taken place. I will reference Mr Ponto’s write ups again to find out myself.

I appreciate and I am also grateful for the forum and the support!