EEC Analyzer (EA) Logs & Tuner Pro RT Decipha Log Defs

Decipha's custom GUFX strategy covers all 89-93 foxbody ecu's including the 88 mass-air california ecus.
entity-unknown
Vehicle Information: 87 Bronco FSB Eddie Bauer w/ 89 Mustang MAF Swap / C3W PCM w/ A9L2 BIN from Decipha / 347 FRPP BOSS Block (Part# M-6009-347) / AFR 165cc heads / 42Lbs Green(Active) & 30Lbs Red(Shelf) Bosch Injectors / CompCams 35-510-8/FW XE258HR-12 / AOD fully beefed up / King 2.5" Suspension w/ Bump Stops / 5.13 Gears Front/Rear on Auburn Pro LSD / 35"(Active)/33"/37" Tires / Very Custom Built Bronco aka Bonnie

EEC Analyzer (EA) Logs & Tuner Pro RT Decipha Log Defs

Unread post by entity-unknown »

I'm using EEC Analyzer (EA) for some additional tuning input such as injectors and spark. I'm able to export the CSV from Tuner Pro and I'm converting the fields I believe are relevant which overall does seem to work just not sure if I'm selecting the best fields.

Can someone confirm if these are the most appropriate fields from Tuner Pro / Decipha's definitions for EA or suggest better ones?

Also I don't see an AFR value in the logs from Decipha's definitions. Which field would I use to get what the commanded AFR value is like 14.64?

EA Fields / Decipha Fields
ET = Time
CL = CL_DES
SPARK = SP**AHISL
PW1 = FUELPW1
STFT1 = LAM_FINAL_1
LTFT1 = Fuel_Err_1+2_Filtered
ISCDTY = ISCDC
LOAD = LD_GUFX_ERR
LOADX = PERLOAD
MAF = IMAF
MPH = X_VSBAR
RPM = N
BP (BreakPoint) = SP**AHISL

Thank You!
entity-unknown
Vehicle Information: 87 Bronco FSB Eddie Bauer w/ 89 Mustang MAF Swap / C3W PCM w/ A9L2 BIN from Decipha / 347 FRPP BOSS Block (Part# M-6009-347) / AFR 165cc heads / 42Lbs Green(Active) & 30Lbs Red(Shelf) Bosch Injectors / CompCams 35-510-8/FW XE258HR-12 / AOD fully beefed up / King 2.5" Suspension w/ Bump Stops / 5.13 Gears Front/Rear on Auburn Pro LSD / 35"(Active)/33"/37" Tires / Very Custom Built Bronco aka Bonnie

Re: EEC Analyzer (EA) Logs & Tuner Pro RT Decipha Log Defs

P.S. I forgot about the "Parameter Comments" under the "View" main menu in Tuner Pro RT vs. the comments in the definition file which are less complete so I'm reviewing those again and thank you for being so detailed. I was wondering where all that well written info went ;)
Danno5.0
Vehicle Information: 1995 Ford Mustang GT
W4HO
Professional Products EFI Intake
Crane 2031 cam
Ported E7 heads
Mac shorties, xpipe, mufflers
3000 stall, Transgo, 3.73
Tweecer R/T, LC1 wb

Unread post by Danno5.0 »

Curious to see what you find when using EA with your logs on a Decipha tune. Im stuck using a Tweecer RT on a UP40 computer. I was going to switch to a Quarterhorse but too late. So now i have to use Tweecer RT, using Tunerpro to edit, Caledit to log, and U4P2 tune.
SOAB_465
Vehicle Information: 1998 Ford Mustang GT 5 speed box code BAI1, CRAI8
stock return fuel system with Walbro 255 in-tank pump and aeromotive adjustable regulator.

2008 4.6
PI Heads and Cams
9:1 forged pistons
Forged H-Beam Rods
60lb Deka injectors
BA2800 MAF
2.3L whipple supercharger intercooled approx 13 PSI

- tuning with TunerProRT

PLX Wideband
GM 3bar MAP

Unread post by SOAB_465 »

I don't know how EA records it, but STFT is probably Lambse, or commanded AFR as lambda. It should be between 0.75 and 1.25

If it's between -0.25 and +0.25, It might be actual fuel trim (Lambse - 1)

There's tables explaining fuel trims and lambda AFR values for different fuels in the fuel write up on the home page
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

some of those are wrong
this is all detailed on the homepage under payloads

http://www.efidynotuning.com/payloads.htm

you need to forget AFR and use lambda

TunerPro already calculates the fuel error and populates the histograms for you.

Would be best to verify EA gives you the same error as TunerPro does. If it doesnt then you have something incorrectly inputted in to EA.
entity-unknown

Awesome yeah the payloads.html is what I needed! I was thinkin I wanted the "corrected" values but I see I want the raw values instead.
SOMEB, yeah these are the .75 - 1.25 values and EA is interpreting them correctly when it does it's calc which is nice :)
AFR is a value EA asks for it's some of its calcs but I figure since that's supposed to be static, I can pull it from the bin and create my own field for it. TBD.

On the note of using EA, it's working well. It's only been a few days but it has helped however it's still a mix of me and EA making the tunes which was expected and I'm still getting used to this too.

I'll change the fields per the payloads doc now and see how the results go :)
SOAB_465
Vehicle Information: 1998 Ford Mustang GT 5 speed box code BAI1, CRAI8
stock return fuel system with Walbro 255 in-tank pump and aeromotive adjustable regulator.

2008 4.6
PI Heads and Cams
9:1 forged pistons
Forged H-Beam Rods
60lb Deka injectors
BA2800 MAF
2.3L whipple supercharger intercooled approx 13 PSI

- tuning with TunerProRT

PLX Wideband
GM 3bar MAP

Unread post by SOAB_465 »

The AFR it asks for is stoichiometric AFR for the fuel you're using. There's a table at the top of the fuel write up

http://www.efidynotuning.com/fuel.htm#stoich
entity-unknown

Yeah the Stoich AFR in the BIN is statically set to 14.079 in Z_STOICH_AFR which is why I figure I'll just inject a column into the CSV for that data, probably right at the end of each line/row for scripting simplicity.

I do not find the IPSIBR nor anything IBR in the logs/definitions tho, just the PIDs... Is that listed as a different field?
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

desmaf_pid_n
Blocmi
Vehicle Information: 1995 Mustang GT, CBAZA, 11:1 306, Ported Windsor Sr. aluminum heads 2.02/1.60, Trick Flow Track Heat, 24lb injectors, Comp cams 294/306 (2,800-7,000), Shorty headers, X-Pipe, Reverse Manual VB C4, 4100 stall converter, 4:10, MT ET Drag 26-10-15

Unread post by Blocmi »

I've found EA wayyyyy too much work to use on a regular basis... but if you do get it to work correctly it gives nice visuals :)

#1 You have to re-name most of the TP payloads to exactly what EA is looking for. IE: RPM vs N
#2 You have to convert the data from TP to the format EA is looking... IIRC EA uses fuel trims, TP uses Lambda
#3 You need comprehensive knowledge of what data to filter out to get accurate results, including identifying and removing anomalies... IE: for the MAF curve to be correct you need to filter out any open loop data points, coasting data, and spikes during shifts.

Now, you can create new, or modify existing PID's in TP so an export includes the PID's you need with the correct names and formats, but back to #3... The results are only as good data you input.

Save time, just use, modify, or set up your own histogram in TunerPro... it's much easier.