03 cobra - SCT Tuning questions

European strategy specific for 2004 ford mustang euro spec but also modified by SVT and used on the 03/04 cobra. Can be used on all 2002-2004 mustang v8 and v6 manual and automatics. Supports automatic 4r70w control. Can be used on 2001-2004 ford F-150 4.6 / 5.4 ecu's if configured correctly as well.
Brewster
Vehicle Information: 1992 Mustang LX
347 Cui
AFR 185

Re: 03 cobra - SCT Tuning questions

Unread post by Brewster »

Video of checking out how she's reacting to accelerating and a wot pull at the end.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cbdl5q4bsze1 ... C6Qha?dl=0
Brewster
347 Cui
AFR 185

Anyone have any input how to finish this one up, my thoughts are as follows. Confirm Cold start and warm up do what they need to do and is not overly rich, adjust if necessary?

Confirm trims are within 3% ish up to about 350 - 400 ad counts and or Tp_Rel depending on 0 vac 0 boost and when we have it kicking into OL ?

Is FN035 active and needs to be dialed in on these ? The fuel write up says its not used if I read it correctly on these strats but may be custom coded and active. I see the PRLDSW is set to 1

Confirm wot fueling is stabile and consistent throughout and then make sure spark is doing what it needs to do and no modifiers are coming into play that would have negative effects on the engine. Make sure things like ACT spark retard etc are working

Possibly scale load but may be ok to leave it be until future mods are done needing more resolution on those tables.

Does a guy have to fail the maf and dial in the failed maf table, from my understanding these are used for transient fueling and like a VE table ?

What else affects accelerator pump action if the initial stab is lean or rich ?

Adjust hot start if there is an issue of course.
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

No, the zt3 and the zt2 have different transfers. The zt-3 ver2 is the same transfer as the zt-2.

borderline spark is the borderline spark calculated
spk_actual is the actual spark advance as backwards calculated from the cam sensor

trims aren't going to be consistent since the injectors aren't consistent being decapped. get them in the ballpark and call it done

if prldsw set to 1 then perload scaling isn't used so fn035 doesn't matter

all else is fine. No, tunerpro automatically calculates the totldst_Err for you in the histogram and you simply apply that correction to the failed load table fn1036. You can't dial it in if your clipping load.

manifold volume is what determines pump shot

its you as the tuner that has to determine when the tune is good enough for you
Brewster
347 Cui
AFR 185

So if its showing 17 degrees WOT on the BL spark pid but showing 12.5 on the actual then the engine is actually only getting 12.5 degrees spark ?

Does it follow the BL table and modifiers and is the goal to get the actual spark advance up to where were commanding it? Why would the actual spark advance be lower ?

I also noticed that fuel is working properly now and actually richening up when its goes beyond 0 vac and into boost where as before it was struggling to actually richen up at lower boost levels. If perload doesn't control fuel on this strat is it all based upon Tp_Rel and how the base table is set up and then of course referencing MAf ?

Trims are fine imo and working fairly well for what it is, not going to chase them to far and it is what it is with those injectors.

I agree that whoever is tuning a vehicle is responsible for the tune, I do want to make sure its done thoroughly though and that is why I'm trying to post good data for feed back so I can understand anymore possible issues if there are any seen. Of course as well its a great learning experience if another one comes my way and I can make it run correctly.

What's the trick to making power on this thing, I see its super sensitive to a proper AFR, and I can hit .780 but seem to lose power. I touched .800 lamda and gained 20rwhp but not so sure its safe for 20lbs boost. What would you say is a good lamda to shoot for and how much timing at what RPM?
Brewster
347 Cui
AFR 185

I have to take my final Bin I was working with in TP and get it on the SCT x4 hand held. What's the procedure to do so ? Can I just open the .bin in advantage under AMZ2 and then save it as i would in .cef ?
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

bdl spark isnt commanded spark saftot is commanded spark

either saftot or spk_actual is going to be accurate, for all intents and purposes saftot is actual

the lowest spark calculated whether it be mbt, bdl, lug, decel, tq modulation, piston protection, max spark clip, etc.. is going to show up as saftot and spark source

.8 is fine i highly doubt .02 lambda made any difference in power you probably didnt factor in heat

the timing was right where it needed to be in the file i posted i wouldnt get too greedy with it

there is no procedure, u have to manually copy each change over or you need to send it to someone that has a script that can do such a thing. Send me the file and I'll get it taken care of.
Brewster
347 Cui
AFR 185

Dang, the guy is coming today to pick it up. Think you might have time this am ? Where do you want it sent, email ?
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

yeah no prob just PM it to me or just post the final tune here
Brewster
347 Cui
AFR 185

Ok on it now. I'll be able to make any final adjustments in the MTF at this point. Going to run it up one more time for the owner while she's on the rollers. Really appreciate your help with this !
Brewster
347 Cui
AFR 185

BREWSTER_230519a-V14.bin
(256 KiB) Downloaded 197 times
Final Bin attached!