Load With Failed Maf Correction

European strategy specific for 2004 ford mustang euro spec but also modified by SVT and used on the 03/04 cobra. Can be used on all 2002-2004 mustang v8 and v6 manual and automatics. Supports automatic 4r70w control. Can be used on 2001-2004 ford F-150 4.6 / 5.4 ecu's if configured correctly as well.
Brewster
Vehicle Information: 1992 Mustang LX
347 Cui
AFR 185

Load With Failed Maf Correction

Unread post by Brewster »

Just checking in to see if this is the right histogram to use for LWFM table correction, as well is there any calibration changes that need to be implemented first before correcting this table such as disabling KAMRF, tuning in CL or OL, unplugging the maf and having it failed to populate the histogram, making sure the MAF is dialed first and trims are working well?
LWFM Table Correction.png
Populate as much of the table as we can and then smooth / interpolate any cells that we can't hit ?
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Re: Load With Failed Maf Correction

Unread post by decipha »

thats the table u want running average

nope no cal changes.

you should never disable kams nor force open loop nor unplug the maf
Brewster
347 Cui
AFR 185

Awesome, I'll go see what I can populate with it. Is there a way to to use the copy of the whole histogram table and then apply the correction to the whole table in the calibration like in HPT Vcm Suite where we can copy the whole table and then paste special multiply by half or % to the calibrations table. I didn't see a function in TP to be able to apply the correction to the whole table, but may be missing something.
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

Nope the histogram is larger than the table for a reason as well so u get more resolution and can humanly see the trend better
Brewster
347 Cui
AFR 185

On the dyno trying to hit some of these cells and keep them populating for a few seconds, tough to do and the engine sure wants to get hot being warm up here atm!

What is the general consensus with this first table I populated. Multiply some of these values in certain zones per say and try to smooth it all out.
LWFM-Correction.png
Brewster
347 Cui
AFR 185

I played with this today and the histogram works great! Applied the corrections in certain cells / zones and then repopulated the table with positive results! Def a little tough as I still don't know how to use the interpolate and smooth functions of TP.
bad86capri
Vehicle Information: 1986 Capri 306, Twisted Wedge heads, RPM II Intake, Anderson B3 cam, 80Lbs Siemens Injectors, MAC Longtube Headers, G-Force T5, Spec 6 Puck Clutch, Ford Racing Aluminum Driveshaft.

Unread post by bad86capri »

Excuse my ignorance but what does the LWFM table do?
Brewster
347 Cui
AFR 185

Correct me if im wrong but from my understanding if the maf fails then the engine will keep on running using the load values in the lwfm table. Load value = an air mass and the ecu calculates fuel delivery based on that. On 2002 + strats they started using the lwfm table for transient fueling to help predict fueling. When you tip into the throttle the eec references the lwfm table first and then the maf to help with fuel calculations, so it's important to have it somewhat dialed in which in turn should net smoother running conditions, Pretty much a VE table.
bad86capri
Vehicle Information: 1986 Capri 306, Twisted Wedge heads, RPM II Intake, Anderson B3 cam, 80Lbs Siemens Injectors, MAC Longtube Headers, G-Force T5, Spec 6 Puck Clutch, Ford Racing Aluminum Driveshaft.

Unread post by bad86capri »

Very good information!