Stock PTP2 FBGI0?

European strategy specific for 2004 ford mustang euro spec but also modified by SVT and used on the 03/04 cobra. Can be used on all 2002-2004 mustang v8 and v6 manual and automatics. Supports automatic 4r70w control. Can be used on 2001-2004 ford F-150 4.6 / 5.4 ecu's if configured correctly as well.
Cougar281
Vehicle Information: 1995 Mercury Cougar
2002 PI 4.6L V8
1999 J-Modded 4R70W
2004 PTP2 PCM

Stock PTP2 FBGI0?

Unread post by Cougar281 »

Figured 'd post this here rather than in the MZAK0 thread - since the VMA2 tune is a bone stock 'port' of the Ford MAAG4 6.8 calibration, is there any chance of getting a stock port of the FBFG2:PTP2 calibration over to FBGI0? We tried 'something' a bit back, but I could never get the file(s) you sent over to run the car right - drop the stock PTP2 calibration back in and it was fine every time, so I'm 'guessing' you added the auto trans code to the MGZT calibration, but other things in the MGZT tune still needed to be adjusted. I'd like to get over to your FBGI0 strategy, in part because I found that one does something right to control the fuel pump properly, whereas not a single FBFG2 strategy I've tried can get it quite right, and because it's the strategy under development moving forward (which makes total sense - why maintain 6, 8, 10, whatever strategies when you have a single one that can replace them all?).

I do plan on eventually upgrading to premium and making use of your tuning services, but not as the car sits now - I have a DOHC 4.6 on a stand that destined for this car that's been held up mainly by fuel and exhaust - I think I found an answer to the exhaust (the MN12's are hard to find good headers for), but I need to find fuel rails that'll bolt on to a 03/04 Mach1 intake, have the FRPS sensor port (in or near the stock location) and can be set up as return style with a regulator that can be connected to the stock fuel lines. Everything I've found in terms of fuel rails for a Mach 1 intake seem to be returnless only. Once that engine is in and running on a base SYM2 or better yet FBGI0 version of that (I had to make a lot of wiring changes to the harness so it would just attach to the existing body harness, so there might be things I have to fix), I'll want to get it tuned properly. But there's no point in putting a whole lot of effort and money into tuning the SOHC motor.
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Re: Stock PTP2 FBGI0?

Unread post by decipha »

Returnless or return both use the same fuel rail. You simply run the line out the regulator to the rail.

Yeah I could do it but its probably not worth the time for now. I'll toss it on my to do list.