Controlling a GM 4L80E with a FORD PCM ?

Anything not covered in the other forums.
J-man
Vehicle Information: 1988/FORD/Bronco/Eddie Bauer (Project)
Currently has 1996 302/E4OD with 96 dash and 96 front clip swap using all 1996 wiring including ADA3/AGANF/ML1-441
Have a 393W that I want install (one of these years) may use TIN3/AGANF/MLC-496 or CYP3/MPAL6/MLC-496 to run the stroker and E4OD?

2003/FORD/Expedition/Eddie Bauer (Daily Driver)
Stock 5.4 2V/4R70W HAP3/RKAOA/HPC-313 (I have a core 4R75W to rebuild and swap in)

My son and I recently got a 1991 Foxbody Mustang GT put together for him with parts from several cars. It has the stock 302, 5-speed, and A9L. Very sad that Moates is gone. Hoping the old Moates crew are all healthy and well. (Still Sad/Upset though)

Controlling a GM 4L80E with a FORD PCM ?

Unread post by J-man »

I'm tossing around the idea of a 6.0 LS swap into my 2003 Expedition. I've only just started wondering about this and the first two configurations that cross my mind are.

1. Make the LS run from my Expeditions PowerPC HAP3/RKAOA/HPC-313 find an adapter and keep my 4R70W (This way no driveline work needed)
2.Use my Expeditions PowerPC HAP3/RKAOA/HPC-313 and try to have it run the LS and a 4L80E transmission. (may need an EPC solenoid mod?)

I checked and both 4R70W and 4L80E have the same number of solenoids and use the same truth table to operate the gears. My Expedition is the Eddie Bauer with advancetrack/ABS and a bunch of stuff that would probably be very difficult to run without the Expedition's stock PCM.

Could the FORD calibration be tuned to run a GM 4L80E? Does anyone know how the get a 4R70W mated to a GM LS engine? I can't seem to find an adapter. I can weld, fabricate, and understand wiring and schematics also I realize this is kind of a weird idea. Please give me your thoughts minus any of the blasphemy type criticism.
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Re: Controlling a GM 4L80E with a FORD PCM ?

Unread post by decipha »

Yep no problem at all.

Simply mate the 35 tooth reluctor to the crank mount the trigger and fabricate a cam sensor.

The epc current, amperage and ohms would have to match between the ford and gm if it does then no prob there either.

Youd have to keep the ford coils and use ls1 plug wires.