In need of in-tank fuel pressure regulator

For anything machine shop / speed shop or engine specific. More technical than the range but not quite tuning specific.
m-barans
Vehicle Information: 2003 Mercury Marauder 300A with new stock bore IRON 4.6 block, Manley crank, Manley H-tuff h-beam rods, CP pistons with stainless rings, ARP head studs, GT500 lash adjusters and rollers, D series cylinder heads, VMP GEN3R 2.65 L TVS blower, 80 lb/hr FRPP Siemens Deka injectors, HPX slot 100mm MAF, coyote mustang fuel pump with Holley 60 psi filter/regulator return at pump, Stainless works long tube headers and complete exhaust, Moates quarter horse and TunerPro RT with support from Decipha, RZASA strategy.

2001 Ford Lightning SVT F-150 stock engine w/ inlet ported M112, GT500 rollers, ARP head studs, metco quick change upper pulley with stock sized upper, K&N intake system, bassani SS exhaust system from the stock manifold flanges back. 4x4 trans oil pan. SSBC big brakes 14” up front. Work/Street truck. My “next to build” with trick flow heads (before extinction) with h-beams & cobra jet crank (sitting in tool box) and proper pistons. Next up after the marauder is dialed in.

In need of in-tank fuel pressure regulator

Unread post by m-barans »

So I have upgraded my fuel system to -8 lines and rails. Although I incorporated the factory PPRV in line from my aftermarket (coyote) fuel pump I am still seeing 100+ psi fuel pressure when keying to the on position. This is unsafe and also a mechanical issue preventing me from tuning start ups nicely. Does anyone have a recommendation on a replacement pressure relief valve that I can use in the fuel tank? I have thought about doing an external valve right outside of the tank but I feel like this just exacerbates the need for additional plumbing unnecessarily… I’m looking for some more experienced input please.

Thanks,
Mike
dleach1407
Vehicle Information: 95 Mustang GT, CBAZA Quarterhorse
331, 190 11R heads, Edelbrock Victor 50 manifold, F303, T5, 76mm Turbo, 91 octane, Returnless dual pump 03 cobra tank, Behind bars rails, 80# siemens injectors
wbo2_030MtxL

57 F100, RZASA, 04 Crown Vic ecu and harness, 302, GT40 heads, 4r70w, 80# deka5 shorties, Holley carb style throttle body, Speedmaster high rise intake manifold

Re: In need of in-tank fuel pressure regulator

Unread post by dleach1407 »

My regulator is right outside the tank. I run 60psi, it works great.
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

why not use the factory marauder pprv ?
m-barans
Vehicle Information: 2003 Mercury Marauder 300A with new stock bore IRON 4.6 block, Manley crank, Manley H-tuff h-beam rods, CP pistons with stainless rings, ARP head studs, GT500 lash adjusters and rollers, D series cylinder heads, VMP GEN3R 2.65 L TVS blower, 80 lb/hr FRPP Siemens Deka injectors, HPX slot 100mm MAF, coyote mustang fuel pump with Holley 60 psi filter/regulator return at pump, Stainless works long tube headers and complete exhaust, Moates quarter horse and TunerPro RT with support from Decipha, RZASA strategy.

2001 Ford Lightning SVT F-150 stock engine w/ inlet ported M112, GT500 rollers, ARP head studs, metco quick change upper pulley with stock sized upper, K&N intake system, bassani SS exhaust system from the stock manifold flanges back. 4x4 trans oil pan. SSBC big brakes 14” up front. Work/Street truck. My “next to build” with trick flow heads (before extinction) with h-beams & cobra jet crank (sitting in tool box) and proper pistons. Next up after the marauder is dialed in.

Update for fyi only: The factory marauder PPRV is integrated properly I believe. (Not something I wouldn’t have thought out and integrated well). And so, it just can’t handle the coyote pump imho. I went ahead and used a Holley filter regulator assembly set to 60 psi and plumbed a -8 return line to a bulkhead fitting at the sending unit hat. Then, reduced fuel pump prime time. I will call it success because it is now safe and pressure is stable. The Holley part wasn’t expensive looks clean and fits in the factory fuel filter bracket.
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

I take it your referring to one of these ? https://www.summitracing.com/parts/hly- ... 2731186257

It sounds like your pump voltage is set too high. You should be able to reduce it so you get no fuel pressure at key on if you wanted to.
m-barans

Yes, I believe that is the specific part I installed.

I do need to work on my pump voltage table as well, thank you for that information