Part throttle timing and boost

Vehicle specific forum for tuning the Foxbody Chassis Mustangs utilizing the LUX0, GUFA, GUFB, and GUF1 Strategy

Part throttle timing and boost

Unread postby 351pwrdstang » Sat May 05, 2018 8:42 am

351w 78mm on a 7psi spring makes full boost without going wot. I do have to push on the pedal a bit but no where near wot. I reduced the timing in the higher load cells to give me 20* is this acceptable?
The wot map is 18* around same rpm. Vortech built boost gradually at wot only. This thing makes full boost whenever I want. Looking over the log I see I am still in PT while making boost and wasn't sure how much timing needs to be removed. Vic Jr's. I was forcing OL while getting fuel dialed in and want to put her back in closed loop but do I need to make sure we go open loop if it builds boost at these lower throttle angles. Also this is preliminary tuning and will eventually be switching to as much as a 14psi spring.
351pwrdstang
General Poster

Name: Jason
Vehicle Information: 351w T trim 87 mustang GT A9l tuner pro moates qh
Vehicle 2 Information: 331s trim 93 notch tuner pro moates qh

Re: Part throttle timing and boost

Unread postby decipha » Sat May 05, 2018 12:41 pm

yep thats fine no prob

at 0 vac / 0 boost make sure u dont exceed mbt timing
as it progresses more in to boost you should have the timing ramping down

I usually switch out of closed loop at 3-4ish lbs of boost. By setting fn320a the perload threshold to 1.20 to go open loop and having fn035 the peak n/a load function dialed in you shouldnt have any problems and it should transition in to OL at 1.2 perload == 3.5 lbs of boost roughly

that should be the stock value in the a9l2 if memory serves
decipha
Tooner

Name: Michael Ponthieux
Vehicle Information: Supercoupin' x10
90 (4x 5spds) - Dante, Ruby, Daja, Ava
91 4r70w - Skarlett
92 (2x) 5spd & auto - Bianqa, Andrea
93 auto - Danika
94 5spd Rionda
95 auto Aisha
Vehicle 2 Information: Others:
00 Lincoln LS - Luanda
98 Camaro SS - Bounquisha
02 Harley F-150 - Sasasha
03 Marauder - DyShyKy
00 Explorer 5L - Bernyce

Re: Part throttle timing and boost

Unread postby 351pwrdstang » Mon May 07, 2018 11:14 am

Seems to be a lot of confusion surrounding the fn035. I left mine the same from when I had the blower on it as I don't know to bypass boost on a turbo car. Manually open the waste gate ?? We did change the cam so I'm sure its off now. At 7psi I'm in the 130's perload. I want to change springs soon do i need to yank more timing at PT if its gonna hit 14psi or close to it. Wot is locked at 18 until I get it on the dyno.
351pwrdstang
General Poster

Name: Jason
Vehicle Information: 351w T trim 87 mustang GT A9l tuner pro moates qh
Vehicle 2 Information: 331s trim 93 notch tuner pro moates qh

Return to Foxbody Tuning