no converter lockup

Vehicle specific forum for tuning the Foxbody Chassis Mustangs utilizing the LUX0, GUFA, GUFB, and GUF1 Strategy

no converter lockup

Unread postby BongoBob » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:47 pm

greetings all I've beaten the tps code , now I'm moving onto the no lockup torque converter. I have tested pin 53 at the pcm it has battery voltage , when I ground it the solenoid clicks . So it should work. (ha ha) any quick tests I can run ? Scan tool has codes for egr evr and diverter / thermactor . All are disconnected . Some guys sued to put a resistor in the egr wires . Will any of this being disconnected effect the trans lockup. no other codes . Trans works perfect otherwise up and downshifts . All help appreciated .Thanks again Bob
BongoBob
General Poster

Vehicle Information: 93 Lightning Wrecked the last one This one stock as far as I can tell except for FRPP (powerdyne) blower kit and Pro-m/dunnerite mass air conversion. Has Banks tc200 trans controller 24lb injectors and a Ford Cobra 24lb mass air meter. Using unchipped a9l for engine control and stock c3p1 for the transmission wideband by innovate
Vehicle 2 Information: FFR Roadster 408w mas flo Tremec 5speed ,moser axles worked dart heads
Vehicle 3 Information: Craftsman lawn mower 21hp r r r home made ram air

Re: no converter lockup

Unread postby decipha » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:51 pm

make the brake circuit is wired up, if it is not the brake switch has to be disabled in the tune BIHP
decipha
Tooner

Name: Michael Ponthieux
Vehicle Information: Supercoupin' x10
90 (4x 5spds) - Dante, Ruby, Daja, Ava
91 4r70w - Skarlett
92 (2x) 5spd & auto - Bianqa, Andrea
93 auto - Danika
94 5spd Rionda
95 auto Aisha
Vehicle 2 Information: Others:
00 Lincoln LS - Luanda
98 Camaro SS - Bounquisha
02 Harley F-150 - Sasasha
03 Marauder - DyShyKy
00 Explorer 5L - Bernyce

Unread postby BongoBob » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:17 am

its got the factory wires on it , and a bogus add on third brake light . I removed that and the trailer wiring complete with the little blue suitcase wire connectors. I checked the brake lights , turn signals and hazards and all work good. The chip I have is in the a9l .I will remove it asap and give it a try . thanks Bob
BongoBob
General Poster

Vehicle Information: 93 Lightning Wrecked the last one This one stock as far as I can tell except for FRPP (powerdyne) blower kit and Pro-m/dunnerite mass air conversion. Has Banks tc200 trans controller 24lb injectors and a Ford Cobra 24lb mass air meter. Using unchipped a9l for engine control and stock c3p1 for the transmission wideband by innovate
Vehicle 2 Information: FFR Roadster 408w mas flo Tremec 5speed ,moser axles worked dart heads

Unread postby decipha » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:17 am

why would u remove the chip?
decipha
Tooner

91 4r70w - Skarlett
93 auto - Danika
94 5spd Rionda
95 auto Aisha
00 Lincoln LS - Luanda
03 Marauder - DyShyKy
00 Explorer 5L - Bernyce

Unread postby BongoBob » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:24 am

Perhaps I mis understood. I thought you meant that if the brake switch was wired that the chip could be disabling the lockup . is that wrong ? Thanks Bob
BongoBob
General Poster

Unread postby decipha » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:39 am

the a9l ecu is not controlling the trans nor the tcc lockup
decipha
Tooner

91 4r70w - Skarlett
93 auto - Danika
94 5spd Rionda
95 auto Aisha
00 Lincoln LS - Luanda
03 Marauder - DyShyKy
00 Explorer 5L - Bernyce

Unread postby BongoBob » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:39 pm

Correct , what a moron can't see hair going away.... I'll check the brake switch pin at the computer and see if that's working. .I'll tell you it sure shifts different with the tps wired right . Also still have the Banks transbox bypassed .Going to hook that back up it shifted good with that . Really soggy shifts it really shits good in limp mode !! Thank you Bob
BongoBob
General Poster

Unread postby BongoBob » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:59 am

ok boys before I say something dumb or connect the wires wrong.....brake on off pin 2 at pcm switches like it should . anyone have values for the transmission oil temp at the pcm or the converter coast clutch . I think I'm going to rig a tazer on pin 53 so if it grounds I'll know as Im driving . Much safer than watching a light bulb while driving . Meantime I'll look for the values on the internet Dang b52 size skeeters ate my fluke meter lead . have to go get another Thanks Bob
BongoBob
General Poster

Unread postby BongoBob » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:09 am

all codes in computer are for the emission controls removed by previous owner
BongoBob
General Poster

Unread postby BongoBob » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:04 pm

It might be working!!?? I forgot how soft the lockup is with a stock converter after driving so long with a high stall multi clutch one. rpm at 65mph is 2200 if I use the brake to disengage I feel nothing but the tach goes to 2500 this sounds about right . The soggy shifts went away when I un bypassed the banks trans box. Previously I swapped out the c3p1 lightning pcm for an a2z2 plain old 351 e40d pcm . at the time that was easier than chasing wires plus I had 2 from the old tweecer days. So my guess is when I re install the c3p1 It'll bang gears like a champ again. . I'm not really sure that its working but it appears like it MIGHT be. I'll swap in t he c3p1 and ride on the hiway and see where I'm at . The harsh (or positive) engagement of my level 10 converter may have fooled me (easy) into perceived non operation. Thanks again all Bongo Bob
BongoBob
General Poster

Return to Foxbody Tuning