Is it Possible?

Vehicle specific forum for tuning the Foxbody Chassis Mustangs utilizing the LUX0, GUFA, GUFB, and GUF1 Strategy

Is it Possible?

Unread postby 89FiveOh » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:36 pm

Is it possible to manipulate the A9L via tuning software to control, literally, control the RPM. For example, for whatever method, a way to limit/clip the RPM so that one might have steady, accurate way of dialing in the MAF curve..

Lets say you control the RPM via a scalar or function or fake the eec for that matter to only produce a RPM that produces the voltage in your MAF xfer. It seems it would be a foolproof yet totally accurate way to dial in fuel error without the hassle of holding a steady pedal.

Maybe one way would be limit the fuel to only achieve a dsdrpm. Or maybe put the point in the curve youre dialing could be the whole column in the xfer..

Ideas or thoughts?
89FiveOh
General Poster

Name: Andy Borden
Vehicle Information: 1989 Mustang GT
GUFB A9L
Binary Editor/EEC Anaylyzer
Innovate MTX-L PLUS
MOATES QuarterHorse
Custom Cam (HR)
AFR 165, 58cc
BBK 75mm (24lb/hr calibration) MAF
5 speed
3.73 gears
NA
Full length BBK headers with H-pipe thru Flowmaster mufflers

Re: Is it Possible?

Unread postby 91foxgt » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:01 pm

Im not sure what you mean by "a way to limit/clip the RPM", but you can try to set the rev limiter to the rpm you want but the problem with that is that the rpm will be bouncing off that rpm instead of just staying there steady. Last thing i think that might work is setting the idle to the RPM you want and maybe that way it might be steady but im just guessing and am not sure if playing with the idle would work. ohh one more thing is you can put a piece of wood(or anything) underneath the pedal so when you step on the pedal all the way, the wood can stop it at a certain point so its at the a rpm you want.
91foxgt
General Poster

Vehicle Information: 1991 ford mustang gt 5 speed

Unread postby decipha » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:16 pm

rpm is completely unrelated to the maf or fuel

why would you want to make something so simple as dialing in the maf that difficult?
decipha
Tooner

Name: Michael Ponthieux
Vehicle Information: Supercoupin' x10
90 (4x 5spds) - Dante, Ruby, Daja, Ava
91 4r70w - Skarlett
92 (2x) 5spd & auto - Bianqa, Andrea
93 auto - Danika
94 5spd Rionda
95 auto Aisha
Vehicle 2 Information: Others:
00 Lincoln LS - Luanda
98 Camaro SS - Bounquisha
02 Harley F-150 - Sasasha
03 Marauder - DyShyKy
00 Explorer 5L - Bernyce

Unread postby 89FiveOh » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:45 pm

Well, Ive been running thru some datalogs and by running thru them as in looking at the actual logs in the Ecel format and noticing all the variances in the values vs. on a dashboard. As I try to learn and grasp this tuning stuff, I try to figure the logic and the reasoning why and especially how all the puzzles of the tune fit together.

Ive always heard ‘junk in, junk out’. And with the ability to watch things happen realtime, I would think tighter controlled averages would be better than just averages.

My point was, If I can ‘force the engine to turn a specific rpm. That RPM would cause a specific voltage reading at the MAF.
For example, If 880 caused a 1.0 reading on the xfer, then I could ‘mechanically’ hold the rpm to get a better fuel error.
After that and so forth and so on, you could force the engine to turn at a controlled RPM required to log at specific voltage points.

What would happen if I entered only one airmass in the xfer in every lb/minute?
Could the engine gain RPM?
89FiveOh
General Poster

GUFB A9L
Innovate MTX-L PLUS
MOATES QuarterHorse
Custom Cam (HR)
AFR 165, 58cc
5 speed
3.73 gears
NA

Unread postby decipha » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:56 pm

no rpm itself has no constant relation on airmass unless the engine remains in a constant stabilized state

if enter the same value twice in the maf youll corrupt the code and cause the ecu to reset everytime it interpolates that cell, that still wouldnt hold a specific rpm though regardless

you can hold a steady rpm and vary load to reach different points of the maf, for example, when i have a car strapped down on the dyno i set the eddy to hold a constant load value, I then use the throttle to reach all the mafv points, you can do the exact same on the street which i do to dial in the maf

if your using tunerpro i have a histogram already setup for you its as simple as just applying the error
decipha
Tooner

91 4r70w - Skarlett
93 auto - Danika
94 5spd Rionda
95 auto Aisha
00 Lincoln LS - Luanda
98 Camaro SS - Bounquisha
02 Harley F-150 - Sasasha
03 Marauder - DyShyKy
00 Explorer 5L - Bernyce

Unread postby 89FiveOh » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:17 pm

Thanks. It was your ‘Mechanical Idle’ control which got me thinking about the ability for the engine to run, without computer control in a sense. A mechanical approach voids the necessity of the computer reliance on input. Sure, the ecu controls everything, but the car will still run, if it thinks its controlling it.
89FiveOh
General Poster

GUFB A9L
Innovate MTX-L PLUS
MOATES QuarterHorse
Custom Cam (HR)
AFR 165, 58cc
5 speed
3.73 gears
NA

Unread postby decipha » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:28 am

all the "mechanical idle" really means is that the ecu won't do negative corrections and the iscdc is set to off when at warm stable idle which shows up as IPSIBR, so its very easy to set the throttle stop correctly
decipha
Tooner

91 4r70w - Skarlett
93 auto - Danika
94 5spd Rionda
95 auto Aisha
00 Lincoln LS - Luanda