CDBA4 / CDAN4 XDF Hacks

Covers most all fords in the 96/97 model year including but not limited to mustangs v6, v8, cobra, thunderbids, lincoln town car, grand marquis, crown vic and even some trucks and vans.
034v
Vehicle Information: 1996 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC - Custom Turbocharged
1989 Lincoln Mark VII LSC - Custom Turbocharged --- SOLD
2013 Ford F150 FX2 - 3.5L Ecoboost
2019 Explorer Sport - 3.5L Ecoboost

CDBA4 / CDAN4 XDF Hacks

Unread post by 034v »

So since one of my cars is highly unsupported except thru limited license software, I had to use TPRT to tune it correctly.

First, lets start with what I am working with. A turbocharged 1996 Lincoln Mark VIII with a CDBA4 ML2-371 box. These are about as bastard as they come since they were produced only 1 year and are not like the 4 bank MLC-221 in the 97-98 in any way.

The XDF I threw together (over about a 2 year span) can actually be offset to edit CDAN4 as well, and likewise with the CDAN4 XDF I threw together in tandem.

I used a lot of knowledge from the write-ups here and probably could not have done it without them. My background is definitely not programming or disassembly.

My main focal point was Scaling. The Scaling scenario I found best to work with what I was needing was the ability change the SARCHG (CDBA4 and CDAN4 both have 7 SARCHG locations) and have it change mirror addresses automatically for me to copy/paste.

SARCHG of .00155 = 280.348 CID in CDBA4 so for instance a 60# injector would be 24.1920 / 59.7345 AHISL for a 0.4049 xMul. Changing all 7 SARCHG will change the MAF xFer accordingly by using the X*Y address location feature in the TPRT, then you copy/paste as needed. Works like Decipha says EXACTLY.

Now, what I have noticed is by applying AHISL / ALOSL * MAF Transfer / XTALHPS, you can check the xMul you got for SARCHG.

Example code for CDBA4 SARCHG Scaling Multiplier:

Code: Select all

+ADDRESS(0xe380;16;TRUE;FALSE)*0+ADDRESS(0xe437;16;TRUE;FALSE)*0+ADDRESS(0xe564;16;TRUE;FALSE)*0+ADDRESS(0xe58f;16;TRUE;FALSE)*0+ADDRESS(0xe8bf;16;TRUE;FALSE)*0+ADDRESS(0x16cb6;16;TRUE;FALSE)*0+ADDRESS(0x18a1f;16;TRUE;FALSE) / Y / .3737001
Example code for CDBA4 Hardware Limit Multiplier:

Code: Select all

X / Y * ADDRESS(0x4072;16;TRUE;FALSE) / 2147483648 * 303947888.4/27 / 21 / 2.1320
I like a 1.0000 xMul to display as it is easier for me to scale against. You might like a divider, your choice but all in all the same. Either way, you have that 2.1320 padding remainder. In the CDBA4 box, if you take that 2.1320 padding and multiply it by your OEM injector AHISL, you get your hard cap for size without having to Scale it. Now, this has been tested on the CDBA4 box and I am hoping some of you can verify on others that have that 64 lbs/min hard cap MAF limit.

I see a lot of questions about K-Factor and Scaling pop up and have noticed SCT/Derive covers this in their software kind of like below, however vaguely and not in detail.

If the vehicle has a MAF matched to the fuel injectors, just multiply the engine displacement by the ratio of the original injector size to the size of injector that the air meter is set for. To use this method you MUST have a MAF calibrated for the injectors that are in the vehicle.

Example:

If you have 24# injectors and put in 42's with a meter calibrated for 42's, then you would take 24 divided by 42 which is roughly 0.57. Then multiply the engine displacement by that number, meaning take 0.00155 times .57 to get a new engine displacement of 0.0008835. When you do this, you leave the fuel injector slope values alone.

I have included that you can scale the stock MAF by the same percentage if keeping it. If changing injectors, scale the KNOWN NEW injector values.

I am not trying to re-invent the wheel, just making work what works best for me. If it weren't for Decipha's work and dedication, we would be lost.

If you look at the Fuel Write-up, you will notice the magic number is 30. I have indeed found this to be true in all forms of math involving Scaling myself. You can get that in many ways. My magic number is 1. As long as my Hardware Limit xMul is near or exact to my Scaling xMul, I know fuel will be right where it needs to be on my car.

To be honest, I am not sure if this is an informational post, or a thanks.. Now I feel I'm rambling on.

Anyway, I have attached a SS of my CDBA4 XDF so you can picture it better.

Thanks again.
Attachments
CDBA4-scaling-variant.png
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Re: CDBA4 / CDAN4 XDF Hacks

Unread post by decipha »

all good sounds good to me