PTO?

Anything not covered in the other forums.
Gary Lewis
Vehicle Information: 1985 F250 w/a Scotty-built 460, EEC-V, ZF5, etc. No EGR or cannister purge.

ECU is a YAZ3/ML1-441 & I'm using AGANN/YER2. Programmed via BE & MongoosePro Ford.

PTO?

Unread post by Gary Lewis »

I'm wondering what the PTO function does. I've tried to search the forum for info on it, but the search function requires 5 characters and "PTO" is only 3 and I've not figured a way around that.

From what I've read, which is very minimal, the PTO function appears to turn off monitoring of certain things, like the cats, purge system, EGR, etc. Is that right?

What I'd like to do is to cause the idle RPM to go up X RPM when I flip a switch so my alternator will provide more juice for things like running the winch or the air compressor. I was hoping that the PTO function would do that, but if it does I haven't found it.

Any suggestions?

Oh yes, I still don't seem to be getting notifications for responses. What am I missing?
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Re: PTO?

Unread post by decipha »

thats basically what its for

power take off is for larger trucks who use the engine to power hydraulics and other engine driven accessories

no idea
Gary Lewis
Vehicle Information: 1985 F250 w/a Scotty-built 460, EEC-V, ZF5, etc. No EGR or cannister purge.

ECU is a YAZ3/ML1-441 & I'm using AGANN/YER2. Programmed via BE & MongoosePro Ford.

Ok, if that's all PTO does then it doesn't help me.

My truck has both a winch and an inverter running a 2 HP 110v air compressor, so there's lots of power usage and I could use a stepped-up idle when running those. So I'm exploring the idle air adder for low voltage. We shall see.
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

what your wanting cant be done with BE

youd need to become a premium member to upgrade to tunerpro
Gary Lewis

Sorry, I missed your post as I'm not getting notified.

I almost have the stepped up idle working via BE. ALMOST. BE has a table called Low Voltage Idle Air Adder with seconds in the Y axis and RPM adder in the X. I changed that from all 0's to a ramp up starting at 1 second and going up to 255. And then I changed Charging System Lowest Voltage to Indicate Bad to 12.0V and Charging System Lowest Voltage to Indicate Good to 13.0. Sure enough, when the voltage got down to 12.0 the desired idle RPM came up by the requested 96 RPM for the first second. But on the 2nd second it only went up by 52 when I called for 104. And at that point it quit increasing. And, when the voltage came back above 13.0 the desired idle RPM didn't come back down until I turned the engine off and restarted.

So I got part of what I was asking for it to do, but not all.

But I'm surprised that BE can't do that and TunerPro can. What is it that TunerPro can do that BE can't?
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

allow custom code patches
Gary Lewis

Oh. Ok, thanks.