Blueprint reman with bolt-ons: Tuning help

Decipha's custom GUFX strategy covers all 89-93 foxbody ecu's including the 88 mass-air california ecus.
jhine5588
Vehicle Information: 1983 LTD wagon- 302 HO swapped with EFI and bolt-ons

Blueprint reman with bolt-ons: Tuning help

Unread post by jhine5588 »

Hey guys,

I just recently got back into playing with the tune on my car after having it successfully up and running for a couple of years.

Long story short, I developed a miss while cruising after a tune-up. Hooked up the laptop and noticed I was stuck in open loop fueling. Odd.

I decided to go through and update to the latest A9L2 but upon comparing my old BIN with the new XDF it appears the data doesn't transfer.

I'm currently reconfiguring my MAF transfer from scratch. I do need to verify which meter I have, but I believe it's a C+L 76mm with a 60# tube. So I used Mike's MAF transfer for a 60# "calibrated" meter then multiplied it by 1.333 because I'm using Deka 80's.

My question is, I changed this in FN036 that lists lbs/min. Do I also need to convert these numbers to kg/hr and put those numbers into the other 2 functions too?? How does the tune know which function to use otherwise?

I had this thing running well. Minimal drivability concerns, 19mpg, 14.11@93ish in a 3500# car (with me in it) and made about 230whp with the 4.10's in it. I want to get it back to that or better...

I'll be happy to provide more info if necessary, unfortunately all of my old info on here was lost- obviously.

Jeremy
jhine5588

Re: Blueprint reman with bolt-ons: Tuning help

Also are the clipping settings still relevant for the MAF transfer? I thought I remembered reading somewhere before to leave the top IMAF setting at 3200 and make the reading match your next cell down.

I'm starting at square one with this tune it seems and I'm not happy about it. I'm learning all of this for the first time again it seems. Ugh.

Jeremy
danielt
Vehicle Information: 1990 Ford Mustang 5.0LX Convertible
5-speed, stock drivetrain

Unread post by danielt »

Jeremy,
You don’t need the 1.33 factor. Use the curve straight as it is if you have the 60lb sample tube. Set your injector values for the injectors you are using. The computer takes care of Y amount of fuel is needed for X amount of air. It doesn’t need an additional correction.

I believe the 2 tables are just display differences in units, but both update the same actual table. You should be able to update one and save and see the other table has changed. If you are using tuner pro, read the notes carefully on each table.
Hope this helps!
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

I have no idea what your referring to as everything transfer over?

sounds like you didnt set the injector high slope in your tune and its giving you larger values assuming a default 256 lb injector.

if you developed a mechanical issue you need to fix that first with your known good tune. Tunes dont just go bad.

As has been stated if you have a 60lb transfer maf why would you multiply it ? Maf has nothing to do with the injectors, you put the actual maf transfer in.

All of the maf transfer functions are the same just in different units.

1024 Is that max value with my maf 5v patch in the latest a9l2.

All you have to do is set your injector high slope to the actual value and not 256 and youd be good to go.
jhine5588

So all of the above aside, I took the car to a show yesterday and played with the tune and got the miss out of it.

The car ran well, then I did a burnout in the burnout competition and drove about 15 miles, stopped to get gas, jumped back on the highway for 5 miles and the car started to spit and sputter, backfiring, no power. I pull over and it quits and it acts as if the timing is 180 out occasionally and acts like it doesn't even fire otherwise. I got it towed back to the house, replaced the TFI module, no resolution. I replaced the coil, no resolution. I have fuel pressure. It acts as if the distributor is still 180 out or won't do anything. I verified the distributor is rotating as well.

I attempted to pull fault codes out (CEL is always on while cranking when and it doesn't fire) but I was not successful in getting fault codes out with my old school beeper box OR my SnapOn Brick...

Is the OBD diag bypassed with the QuarterHorse? I disassembled the reman ECM that has been in there about a year and a few of the traces don't look the greatest.

I'm super frustrated at this thing because it has been great for a few years and now I'm just having problem after problem.

Jeremy
jhine5588

Just replaced the ECM and the battery in the QuarterHorse, same thing. Next is the distributor I guess.

Jeremy
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

sounds like you ate up the cam gear on the dis
jhine5588

PIP failed. I stole the one out of an extra 351 I had laying around and it fired right up.

I'm curious to see if this failure had anything to do with my previous drivability issues.

Jeremy

P.S. It still did a pretty decent 100 footer before that sensor let loose!
jhine5588

Hello all,

So I'm not really sure what is going on with the car. After changing the PIP back in september I have driven the car a handful of times and randomly the CEL comes on annoyingly. I hooked up the laptop today with a fresh battery in the car and looks like the 02's aren't switching. I replaced the one on the passenger side as the other was only about a year old and same thing. I do not remember changing anything in the tune to cause this. The car runs decent still, ran several 14.0X last fall all with the CEL flashing at me, but the O2's hardly move and NEVER even come close to .4v. They hang out at damn near 0v, and HEGO1 jumps to .05V once in a while.

Here is a datalog of it idling if anyone wants to take a look-
IDLE.xdl
IDLE DATALOG
(12.87 KiB) Downloaded 250 times
I'm taking it on a 6 hour drive in two weeks and really don't want to look at that damn light flashing the whole time.

Jeremy
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

is the hego switch grounded? theres a ground lug wire on the back side of the head. If thats not getting a good connection then its not gonna work.

if need be juat disable the check engine light