TunerPro RT playing adx file

Any TunerPro specific issues belong here.
ATPCR
Vehicle Information: 1997 Mountaineer 5.0 that originally had a wasted spark ignition system. I'm converting to coil-near-plug. I will use a 4.6 Luxury Sedan PCM & modified powertrain harness. It will be reprogrammed to operate the Windsor 5.0.

TunerPro RT playing adx file

Unread post by ATPCR »

Now that I have downloaded TunerPro RT, I assume that I can "playback" an adx file like the one listed in your CRAI8 files. For months now I have only been using TunerPro original. Just 3 or 4 days ago I downloaded TunerPro RT. I have very little screen time with it so far.
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Re: TunerPro RT playing adx file

Unread post by decipha »

adx is a datalogging configuration file its not a datalog. The xdl is the datalog.

all of this is covered in the getting started write up on the homepage

http://www.efidynotuning.com/started.htm
ATPCR
Vehicle Information: 1997 Mountaineer 5.0 that originally had a wasted spark ignition system. I'm converting to coil-near-plug. I will use a 4.6 Luxury Sedan PCM & modified powertrain harness. It will be reprogrammed to operate the Windsor 5.0.

Unread post by ATPCR »

Ok. Thanks for the link again Michael. I pick up something else from it every time I read it. Because my engine/vehicle is still in the building stage, I'm unable to do any REAL TIME experimentation. Everything is still virtual for me.
Anyone's real time xdl file, would be of use in my virtual situation. (Now that you have explained the difference between adx and xdl to me).
On a related but slightly different topic, the other night I downloaded TunerPro RT and I assume all of the correct software for the Moates Quarterhorse but even though my laptop would chime when I plugged in the QH, the TunerPro RT wouldn't show that it is seeing the device.
QUESTION: Should I attempt to load all of the software again? FTDI etc? Thanks for your patience. I didn't grow up with computers, so I ask a lot of questions about that too.
I try not to bug my kid brother too much who is very computer literate and has helped me with general computer navigation.
I will be in a confused mess when the Scanmatik gets here and have to work with bin rearrangement, as it has to do with TunerPro, Scanmatik, PCMflash and Moates Quarter Horse.
Thanks again. I will work with the TunerPro RT software and the Moates QH for now and get that working properly. I did install the QH battery "+" side up!
Still waiting for my coil brackets to be finished and I'm tangled up a bit making one powertrain harness out of two.
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

its not supposed to connect when you plug it in

did you click the initialize hardware icon?

do you have tunerpro setup correctly as per the write up?
ATPCR

Unread post by ATPCR »

I thought that I set it up correctly. I was using this laptop to read the directions as I set it up on the designated laptop. I may or may not have clicked the initialize hardware icon. Early tomorrow morning on a fresh brain I will give it another try. The Moates QH battery is not too hard to install but getting it out of the holder is a bit more difficult. I took it back out while it is sitting. I will let you know how it goes. I was trying to find (again) some archived Moates files to read up on the Quarterhorse and its capabilities. I clicked on the Moates.net link and of course it is dead. If I stumble across those archived web pages again, I will let you know. Thanks
ATPCR

Unread post by ATPCR »

Oct 28. I opened TunerPro RT and then plugged in the Moates QH. Then I clicked the "initialize emulation icon" and it recognized the device. It sees it. I must have all of the software loaded properly. I look forward to using this real time.
moaresQHplugintest.jpg