New old guy

This forum is for saying hello and/or testing your posts, such as checking your signature, etc, or to just say hello.

New old guy

Unread postby IntegrityAutoWerks » Wed May 20, 2020 9:54 pm

Hello,
I'm Bryan from Jacksonville AR. Retired Air Force guy now self employed. I operate a repair shop and car wash at the same location. My specialty while active duty was aircraft hydro systems. After working on many different air frames I was selected to become an instructor. I taught theory and operation, diagnostics and repair for C-130 air frames. Born a Navy brat, I've been in the military for about 42 yrs, counting time as a dependent...
First car was a 1961 bug with 1200cc single port...40 hp on a cold evening. Bought a "how to fix your volkswagen for idiots" book and that's what got me started. I soon learned on my next car, 1977 Scirocco, it was cheaper to buy a Bentley repair manual, tools and all the autocross go fast parts I needed than It was to pay someone else to do the install. I have a love for books and knowledge...that's why I'm here.
I have a 95 GT, 5 speed I bought as a donor car to build a FFR type 65 coupe...then came the divorce after my retirement in 2011. Now its my test car I'm going to use to learn tuning. After 2-3 covid19 weeks of researching tools and software to get started, I came across this forum. In 10 min of reading, I learned more than 3 weeks of research. I was able to put things together, fill in the blanks and make sense of the gaps and black magic that seems to loom over this field of knowledge. Although I was headed to the BE side of software, I chose tunerpro RT now based on the help and info available on this website. I ordered QH and hardware last night, and AEM wideband the night before, again, based on the info on this site. Downloaded turnerpro rt & decipha's CBAZA T4M2 bin file yesterday too and got it initialized, again, using the info on this site. I just started learning this stuff a week ago, I'm happy to be able to learn and do this much in such a short time. And I have next to nill computer skills too.
My goal is to build a 331 twin turbo (egoboost) for the 68 mustang using an EQE3 EEC. A sbf w coil packs in a 68...that's cool to me.
Anyway, a big salute to decipha for his attitude toward sharing knowledge so others can join the team. Looking forward to learning.
IntegrityAutoWerks
User

Name: Bryan Clayton
Vehicle Information: 1995 Ford Mustang GT. stock engine, CAI. T5, test car for QH tuning
Vehicle 2 Information: 1968 Mustang 289 coupe, TCI suspension, FiTech, 347, building for autocross
Vehicle 3 Information: 2006 Audi A4 Avant Quattro. 2.0T FSI w Snow methanol injection
Additional Vehicles: 2012 Ford F150, ecoboost, 2003 PT Cruiser SRT4

Re: New old guy

Unread postby decipha » Wed May 20, 2020 10:13 pm

Welcome to the forum and we all appreciate your service.
decipha
Tooner

Name: Michael Decipha Ponto
Vehicle Information: Supercoupin' x10
90 (4x 5spds) - Dante, Ruby, Daja, Ava
91 4r70w - Skarlett
92 (2x) 5spd & auto - Bianqa, Andrea
93 auto - Danika
94 5spd Rionda
95 auto Aisha
Vehicle 2 Information: Others:
00 Lincoln LS - Luanda
98 Camaro SS - Bounquisha
02 Harley F-150 - Sasasha
03 Marauder - DyShyKy
00 Explorer 5L - Bernyce
07 GMC 2500HD 6L - Veranafer
06 Chrysler 300 AWD

Unread postby wwhite » Thu May 21, 2020 11:10 am

Excellent introduction, two thumbs up!
Made my day.
wwhite
General Poster

Name: Warren
Vehicle Information: 1994 Ford F150, SD KID1, TunerPro-RT, QH
Vehicle 2 Information: 1964 M100 460
Vehicle 3 Information: 1964 Meteor 390
Additional Vehicles: 1978 Alfa GTV spica

Unread postby IntegrityAutoWerks » Thu May 21, 2020 6:43 pm

Hi Warren,
I didn't mention, both my parents are both Canadian...from Quebec and Montreal. I was born in Catania Sicily in an off base hospital while my dad was stationed in Sigonella. Talk about some confused Air Force recruiters...I had dual citizenship with a birth certificate written in Italian and I spoke perfect English...whooda thunk?!
IntegrityAutoWerks
User

Name: Bryan Clayton
Vehicle Information: 1995 Ford Mustang GT. stock engine, CAI. T5, test car for QH tuning
Vehicle 2 Information: 1968 Mustang 289 coupe, TCI suspension, FiTech, 347, building for autocross
Vehicle 3 Information: 2006 Audi A4 Avant Quattro. 2.0T FSI w Snow methanol injection
Additional Vehicles: 2012 Ford F150, ecoboost, 2003 PT Cruiser SRT4

Return to Member Introduction