Advice on Flashing EECV

Tuning specific forum for all of Ford European and Australian specific tuning

Advice on Flashing EECV

Unread postby Dave2302 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:33 pm

Hi Guys,

Finished my Rally Car but struggling to get it running right. its a European Strategy (ABARO) 1995 EECV ECU (EXIT).
Automatic Trans ECU but I'm running a manual, lowered the coolant temp, has no Cats now, and also need more Ignition advance.

I have spent a wad on loads of stuff, but can't get it all to do what I want :?

I have Dongle version Binary Editor with Mongoose Licence, with a limited, encrypted Def file, does Transmission and Fans, but sadly I've bought a fake Mongoose lead that don't work.

Also I have EEC Editor with a pretty comprehensive Def, which doesn't encrypt my bins but that won't flash the ECU, only J3 Chips.
I have Moates Burn2 and J3 reader/ flasher card.
I have Innovate AFR W/B for checking fuelling.

Sadly I'm running out of spare cash, and just can't afford to get a new Mongoose ATM :cry:

I have some .bin files I've prepared now, altering the stuff I need to, but I can't flash anything ATM :(

I was going to buy a J3 Chip, which will sort it for now, but the postage from USA to me is as much $ as the Chip :roll:

The main things to be altered are TRLOAD, and TSTRAT, plus Cooling Fan temps and a bit more Ignition Advance, also deleting Can Purge, Post Cat Lambdas and EGR to get rid of the Fault codes ;)
Fuelling is pretty good out of the box with these engines, Ford just retarded them to kill excessive torque ;)

I have a proper Ford FDS 2000 Dealer machine, which will re flash EECV's but I can't get round it's programming, I don't know enough about computer software to do that.
I would like to find someone to help write a new disc for it, by modifying what's on the existing one and including my own .bin file so it will flash my own files, and I can simply add new ones on to the disc then when I want to reflash.
I think this might be the easiest and cheapest solution for me at this time.

An ideas on where I should go from here :?:

Or anyone handy with computer programming that would like to help with getting the FDS to work with my files :?:

Perhaps just take a look at a FDS Disc first :?: The disc contains all the European Cal Files, an operating system, and in all different languages.

Or is there some other way I can flash EECV without spending hundreds of $ on a Mongoose Pro Ford :?:

Or shall I just save a few bucks up and buy the Mongoose, would that be my best bet now, with all the stuff I already have :?:

All ideas welcomed :lol:

Cheers Dave
Dave2302
General Poster

Vehicle Information: Ford Puma Rally Car, fitted with 24V V6 Cosworth 3.0 litre Engine and 4X4 Sierra Running Gear

EECV EXIT ECU ABARO Strategy

Have Dongle BE with Mongoose Lic and EEC Editor

Also have Ford FDS but yet to find anyone who can modify it's Operating Program so I can flash my own .bins with it.

Re: Advice on Flashing EECV

Unread postby decipha » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:46 pm

I'll take a look at the fds but I can't promise anything

Is the software on a cd? If so download winiso and create an image file of the disc then upload it to my ftp server

ill give you a temporary username and password in a bit
decipha
Tooner

Name: Michael Ponthieux
Vehicle Information: Supercoupin' x10
90 (4x 5spds) - Dante, Ruby, Daja, Ava
91 4r70w - Skarlett
92 (2x) 5spd & auto - Bianqa, Andrea
93 auto - Danika
94 5spd Rionda
95 auto Aisha
Vehicle 2 Information: Others:
00 Lincoln LS - Luanda
98 Camaro SS - Bounquisha
02 Harley F-150 - Sasasha
03 Marauder - DyShyKy
00 Explorer 5L - Bernyce

Unread postby Dave2302 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:53 pm

Hi again, That's good of U thx

Yes it's on a CD, I'll download WINISO now.

You'll have to tell me how to get it onto your server LOL, don't think I've ever done that before ;)
Is it sort of like uploading pictures to Photobucket ?

Cheers Dave
Dave2302
General Poster

Vehicle Information: Ford Puma Rally Car, fitted with 24V V6 Cosworth 3.0 litre Engine and 4X4 Sierra Running Gear

Also have Ford FDS but yet to find anyone who can modify it's Operating Program so I can flash my own .bins with it.

Unread postby decipha » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:57 pm

yea ill make it easy for you, ill shoot you an email with a link
decipha
Tooner

Name: Michael Ponthieux
Vehicle Information: Supercoupin' x10
90 (4x 5spds) - Dante, Ruby, Daja, Ava
91 4r70w - Skarlett
92 (2x) 5spd & auto - Bianqa, Andrea
93 auto - Danika
94 5spd Rionda
95 auto Aisha
Vehicle 2 Information: Others:
00 Lincoln LS - Luanda
98 Camaro SS - Bounquisha
02 Harley F-150 - Sasasha
03 Marauder - DyShyKy
00 Explorer 5L - Bernyce

Unread postby Dave2302 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:38 pm

Thanks,

I've done the ISO bit, I'll pm ya in a min.

Cheers Dave
Dave2302
General Poster

Unread postby Dave2302 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:02 pm

Hi again,

Right, I've condensed it down from 550MB to 31.2MB, as a load of the files are country specific, and we are only concerned with the read me, OS and GB Folders, the other country ones just contain the same cal files as the GB one but relevant to the language selected.

Will send it to you when I get your EMail ;)

Cheers Dave
Dave2302
General Poster

Return to Ford Euro & Aussie Tuning